More Activity
About ExerciseFanatika

Basic Information

About ExerciseFanatika
Born a Preemie; had severe digestive issues all my long life but have always been an avid exercise nut. Despite chronic malnutrition from colitis, etc., I did my first 10-mile hike (no rest, no fluids) at age 9 and went out to play vigorously with my friends immediately for hours whilst my athlete Dad took a nap! I was savagely abused as a child and taught never to show pain, weep in front of anyone, or admit to "weakness" for fear. I was diagnosed with Stockholm, PTSD, and a host of other mental illnesses. Unable physically to have children, I took devoted care of my Mom, a former athlete crippled with severe RA. I worked off the books for my Dad's business to help pay my rent to live at home for Mom after age 18. I went to college but ran out of funds & was unable to complete my Cum Laude BA, to my intense frustration. Screwed over and medicated almost to death by the psych industry, I have gone from a lean, mean, hiking, bouldering, climbing, vibrantly active BMI 18 (Ectomorphic) to a lethargic, disgusting, depressed BMI 27 (horrors!) with: PAT, MVP, asthma, high cholesterol, thyroid trouble, "the Change," Renaud's, arthritis, fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy, epilepsy (partly from the beatings, 25 concussions and a subdural hematoma), a MENSA-level IQ I'm only really starting to use at age FIFTY, and a host of Gastro issues too disgusting to mention that do include a brush with Adenocarcinoma, the cancer that killed my Dad. Put simply: I am a huge, waddling, lumbering mass of adipose tissue. It is KILLING ME!!! Yesterday my cardiologist said, "I don't care if you're only taking in 700 calories a day; if you're fat, and you certainly are, YOU ARE EATING MORE THAN YOUR BODY NEEDS!" I've thus decided that instead of cutting that to the 350 calories a day suggested (yes, I know 1000 is the cutoff point for Anorexia Nervosa, but we all know how arbitrary THAT is, don't we?!), I'd go on a complete fast using only water, for about 50 days. I've only done water fasts for up to 11 days before, and ended up quitting because I fainted repeatedly, plus the meds I'm on started taxing my liver and kidneys to the danger point. When I weighed 85 pounds (I'm only five-two), I had significant cardiac arrhythmia (A-Fib) that relented when my weight got up to about 92. Since I'm an Ectomorph, a slender body type with tiny light (now with osteopenia) bones, I need to weigh about 110 if more of it is lean muscle. That means I need to lose 40 pounds. Since eating salad, Luna bars, etc. at 700 calories a day is still "more than your body needs" as my Doc said, the only answer is fasting. I've been reading avidly about it, total fasting, combined with high-impact workouts (my rheumatologist has forbidden them, saying they've caused massive joint and connective tissue damage, but I cannot resist them), and I desperately want this fat OFF of me. I'm buried alive in it! I don't care how "sexy" all these divorced guys my age keep claiming I am; I'm celibate and not looking for that. Besides, our culture favors obesity and it's sickening the size of portions I see the few times I go out to eat! They can feed me for half a week! Given how much gastric agony eating has caused me since birth, I'm OVER food. I keep ending up in the hospital from gastro issues: colitis bleeding, etc - and it's because my body doesn't want food. But I need to do this without accidentally killing myself; I know at 50 I'm probably almost the oldest person here, but I want to live to be 120! Sorry about all the "downer" sounding talk, listing my health woes, but I needed to be accurate, as I'm concerned about health; if I wanted to fast to HURT myself, I'd go to a Pro-Ano site. I want to get vibrant, strong, and free from the excruciating pain that has me on (ugh!) Lyrica! I want to be out there exploring the world again. Losing my parents and several other deaths recently plunged me into grief but I will not take anti-depressants; that stuff is crap. Give me a healthy, abstemious lifestyle full of activity, intellectual stimulation and challenge - and ACCOMPLISHMENT - and I would feel like I could live "forever"! I should mention I walk with a cane but can outpace the non-legally-disabled. Currently I'm legally physically handicapped. I can't do more than 5 miles per hike (18 pound pack) with 1 break, whereas at peak I could do 35 miles a day (2 10-minute breaks). I do 24-36 hour total fasts (except water) about 3-4 times a month. My weight doesn't budge. YET. But I vow it will! (I did lose 10 pounds recently but from being sick; I gained 2 back already!)
Upstate NY
Hiking, climbing, reading, exploring, Yoga, dance, music (eclectic!), photography, research
Desperately Looking For Another One!

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
General Information
Last Activity
10-10-2013 10:34 AM
1 Friend

Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1