Tab Content
No Recent Activity

2 Visitor Messages

1. View Conversation
    Hi Ari,

So good to be in touch with another kosher paleo person. So far, it's been a non-issue for me. I do what I can with regards to meat even though that means sticking with conventional kosher meat for the most part as grassfed kosher is insanely expensive. I can get the bison through a co-op and while it's grain finished, it's much lower in fat overall, leaving me more room for coconut milk, avcado etc.....

In the interest of full disclosure: I keep varying degrees of kosher when not at home and I do eat in 'regular' restaurants; dh eats only kosher meat.

Because I have celiac disease, challah hasn't been a part of my diet for a long long time but I would consider a few possibilities:

1)eating the minimum acceptable amount. if you feel that eating it enriches your shabbat experience and it's a tradition you want to maintain, a once weekly indulgence that feeds your soul may prove to be more beneficial than harmful.
  2. View Conversation
    2)if you feel it truly is harmful for you, then search *carefully* for a rav and get some guidance on how you can avoid that which is truly damaging your body.

Wishing you all the best. Please feel free to share any resources that may be helpful.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
About Ari

Basic Information

About Ari
Biography:
Member of a certain small middle eastern tribe that keeps kosher
Interests:
I have them
I work for the American tax payer for the one actual function that the gov't has.

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message
08-30-2010 12:00 PM
General Information
Last Activity
07-05-2011 07:33 PM
Referrals