No More Results

18 Visitor Messages

1. View Conversation
    Hello, I just bought Marks books, so decided to check out the website....REALLY GREAT FOR A NEWBIE I have to say when I first arrived here....I noticed your photos and post....I am just starting this eating program...I have had trouble with grains my entire life...I am 50 years old....I have gone on many diets in the past to try and figure this out....Everyone ..seems so positive on this....so cant wait to see all the results....YOU HAVE enspired me to take the before photos....so will get at it..
    how are you doing? Love Marks cookbook aswell......I am always hunting recipes for sure....
  2. View Conversation
    Is this near you?
    [url]http://www.emaconline.co.uk/[/url]
    Does both Keysi and Lau Gar which are good....
  3. View Conversation
    FIFTY SQUID????? Yikes. Ours is 30 for as many as you can squeeze in - works out at about 3.75 a session for me. Oh well :( Let me know if you find anything else...
    Glad you like it :D
  4. View Conversation
    Ok, apparently I can't email it.
    [IMG]http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo62/Jonathan_Slater/groupavatar.jpg[/IMG]
  5. View Conversation
    I think you may have too high expectations on the avatar front... I'm not a graphic designer, I just do these for fun :D
    But anyway I made one and I'll email it to you, if you don't like it I can cook up something else, no problemo. I think it's... ok.
  6. View Conversation
    A few more thoughts: your typical martial art class will probably have a warm-up for about ten minutes, then a variety of things that may include pad work (partnering up and one person practices techniques on a pad), endurance or strength training, technique training without pads, sparring (though not initially!) and maybe forms or patterns if the style does them, then probably some stretching at the end.

Forgive my lack of Scottish geography knowledge, but if you're anywhere near Arbroath I know of a very good TKD instructor there... just in case!
  7. View Conversation
    Hmmm, good question! Well, there are many types of kung fu (or gung fu, kung fu is the westernised version) but Shaolin has a much stronger sense of history to it, being associated with Shaolin Temple in China... it's almost a mythology, there are training rooms at the temple where the stone floors and walls have great dents in them from centuries of monks practicing their techniques there! The Shaolin monks are the only 'proper' Buddhist monk sect allowed to practice martial arts, and the amount of legends associated with them is just huge... not to mention a million films, most of which are admittedly rubbish.

As for why I love martial arts... I can't remember why I first started, but I took my first TKD class when I was little. Then I got into Bruce Lee, met some cool people... the more I learn about it the more I love it! And the more I improve, the more clearly I see how far I have to go.... *sigh*
  8. View Conversation
    Not satisfied with avatar yet. Will keep working on it.
  9. View Conversation
    Scratch that, I found it!
  10. View Conversation
    I'm afraid I can't help you there, it depends very much on the teacher - I've trained in both Taekwon-do and Kickboxing, and just in the TKD clubs the difference in teaching style has been VAST. This guy does sound really cool though, and as he's an experienced teacher I would expect him to be very welcoming and courteous to a newbie, at least.

Quickie question with the group avatar - I'm working on it now, but does it say anywhere how big they can be? Because they definitely seem to be larger than normal avatars, which gives me more space.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
About queen_sheba

Basic Information

About queen_sheba

Signature

Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
**Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message
09-30-2010 02:21 AM
General Information
Last Activity