No Recent Activity

8 Visitor Messages

1. View Conversation
    Hi Vicki! Sorry I never saw your message here until now! There is no notification about these... Primal is going great for me. Started seriously on it around June or July, so not too long, but am feeling great! Hope its going good for you also!
  2. spinach salad #1
    leaves, cut or torn
    red grapes
    walnuts pieces
    dressing ratio = 1:2:2
    extra virgin olive oil : honey : lemon juice
    shake well and pour on
    I always make a lot because it refrigerates for weeks and I
    set it in a bowl of warm water to bring it back to the correct
    consistency for the next time.

spinach salad #2
    leaves, cut or torn
    cut raw bacon across the grain 1/8" cuts
    fry the bacon pieces until crisp
    dressing ratio = 1:2:2
    hot bacon grease: sweetener : vinegar
    Pour hot on the spinach leaves and eat immediately
  3. Cranberry Relish
    24 ounces fresh cranberries (2 bags)
    2 oranges
    2 apples
    1 to 1.5 cups nuts
    Grind cranberries with hand grinder or meat grind - not fine - grind course
    Do the same with the apples and oranges - remove seeds first but DO grind both the apple AND the orange peels
    sweeten with your choice of sweetner to taste - we like ours tart
    I've been using spenda but am going to try xylitol
    add fairly course chopped walnuts - do NOT grind these - use a knife
  4. Bread -- bake 15 miniutes, then turn pan and bake 15 minutes more. If making only 2 loaves with this recipe, you might want to stick potato nails into the centers of the loaves for baking.
    greased pans 2 or 3
    oven = 350 degrees
    I mix in this order:
    4.5 cups almond flour, blanched or not (make my own)
    2.25 cups arrowroot powder (Amazon, good price_
    .75 cup flax seed meal (from the feed store - only $25 for 50 pounds)
    1.5 teaspoon sea salt
    3 teaspoons baking soda
    1.5 teaspoon baking powder
    12 eggs or 2.25 cups of eggs (my hens lay many sizes so I must measure)
    1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil, melted
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    will tweak with additional oil or coconut oil next time
    The base of this recipe, I found on the Internet and have been slowly altering it to my satisfaction, so it is not exactly my creation.
  5. Liver --
    Fry the onions.
    Add mushrooms
    Add chopped garlic
    Brown the liver on both sides
    Add red wine
    It's done when the liver is still slightly pink
  6. View Conversation
    Part Two due to character count restriction and me being overly verbose..!!! :-D And there's a time limit between posts?!?

So for now, I'm not going to count anything about what I eat...make sure I have plenty of good quality meat and vege...and take vit. D, vit C, Magnesium and good quality fish oil and just see if I can maintain my body in a healthy state for a while before trying to lower the numbers. And made the monumental decision to stay off the scales for a while!

Not sure if that's at all useful but feel free to send me a message any time... :)
  7. View Conversation
    Part Two due to character count restriction and me being overly verbose..!!! :-D

So for now, I'm not going to count anything about what I eat...make sure I have plenty of good quality meat and vege...and take vit. D, vit C, Magnesium and good quality fish oil and just see if I can maintain my body in a healthy state for a while before trying to lower the numbers. And made the monumental decision to stay off the scales for a while!

Not sure if that's at all useful but feel free to send me a message any time... :)
  8. View Conversation
    Hi Vicki Lynn,

To be honest I've been struggling a bit lately, eating a few things that I know better than to eat and not doing enough exercise. My weight has gone up a bit due to this and I find I am disappointed in myself somewhat but the more I read and listen to, the stronger my resolve that I will sort this out.

The plateau thing seems to be what happens to most people at some stage - possibly more than once - on the journey down. Some say just sit it out and eventually things will start to move, others trawl through everything they eat and drink to see if there's anything that is keeping the weight loss stalled. Some also suggest the body has to heal itself first before further weightloss can occur...by eating plenty of nutritionally dense food and taking good supplements to decrease the inflammation that occurs. There are numerous blogs and podcasts out there to glean so much information from if you are that way inclined - too much though can be confusing I've found.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
About Vicki Lynn

Basic Information

About Vicki Lynn
Biography:
diabetes - Dr. recommended book - bought it - so here I am - high blood pressure & Graves disease
Interests:
reading, gardening, sewing
self-employed www.wrought-iron-solutions.com - towel bars, railings, fireplace tools, mirrors ...

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message
02-06-2011 11:34 PM
General Information
Last Activity
03-01-2011 06:25 AM
Referrals