Conversation Between Vicki Lynn and FlamingAndromeda

5 Visitor Messages

1. Hello Andromeda,
    Thank you for your notes.
    I too get disappointed in myself - for eating too much. I never eat sugar, flour, potatoes, rice, etc., but I do eat too much of the Primal foods and so have not lost any weight in over a month now.
    I agree with you that there is certainly a lot of information on the Internet but I do not have time to make an in-depth study of it. Just too busy running my business and now I must devote so much extra time to cooking. I have always cooked from scratch, but it seems like cooking Primally is so much more work.
    Like you, I also do not count anything, but I think that when I eat 1 grapefruit and 2 hard boiled or 2 poached eggs for breakfast for a week, that I do lose weight in spite of all the other food I eat.
    I wish I could be content to not eat in the evenings watching television or reading a book. My greatest pleasure has always been reading and eating at the same time.
    Vicki
  2. Part Two due to character count restriction and me being overly verbose..!!! :-D And there's a time limit between posts?!?

So for now, I'm not going to count anything about what I eat...make sure I have plenty of good quality meat and vege...and take vit. D, vit C, Magnesium and good quality fish oil and just see if I can maintain my body in a healthy state for a while before trying to lower the numbers. And made the monumental decision to stay off the scales for a while!

Not sure if that's at all useful but feel free to send me a message any time... :)
  3. Part Two due to character count restriction and me being overly verbose..!!! :-D

So for now, I'm not going to count anything about what I eat...make sure I have plenty of good quality meat and vege...and take vit. D, vit C, Magnesium and good quality fish oil and just see if I can maintain my body in a healthy state for a while before trying to lower the numbers. And made the monumental decision to stay off the scales for a while!

Not sure if that's at all useful but feel free to send me a message any time... :)
  4. Hi Vicki Lynn,

To be honest I've been struggling a bit lately, eating a few things that I know better than to eat and not doing enough exercise. My weight has gone up a bit due to this and I find I am disappointed in myself somewhat but the more I read and listen to, the stronger my resolve that I will sort this out.

The plateau thing seems to be what happens to most people at some stage - possibly more than once - on the journey down. Some say just sit it out and eventually things will start to move, others trawl through everything they eat and drink to see if there's anything that is keeping the weight loss stalled. Some also suggest the body has to heal itself first before further weightloss can occur...by eating plenty of nutritionally dense food and taking good supplements to decrease the inflammation that occurs. There are numerous blogs and podcasts out there to glean so much information from if you are that way inclined - too much though can be confusing I've found.
  5. Hello Andromeda,
    I am interested in the fact that you and I are in about the same boat. In July I weighed 270 pounds but now am 233 to 235 pounds. I've been fluctuating. I've been eating only primal foods, but I have to admit that for the last month or so, I've been eating a LOT of it. That, I think, is why I am not losing right now. I need to get motivated again. How is your weight loss progressing?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5