No More Results

3 Visitor Messages

1. I did it, I went running on Sunday. I ran along side my kid as he rode his bike. Felt good. I've continued to eat well; had two weak moments, one last night eating my kids gummy snacks and today eating several scoops of some really delicious mashed potatoes (still not sure how I feel on the potato debate).
    Down 4 lbs. Forgot to take my blood pressure meds this morning and I had no issues, which is a miracle- usually I race home when I forget--I felt good and took it when I got home from work.
  2. I generally don't step on a scale, but the last time I was at the doctor's I was weighing in at 170 (with my boots on, ok? I can't really weigh 170, right?). This is my all time highest weight; I kept telling myself this was baby weight from my son--who turned 3 a few months ago...ok, time to stop the excuses.
    As of Wednesday, February 27, 2013, I began my primal living...I'm easing into the challenge.
    So far, I've wiped out all my "bad" carbs- bread, pasta, *most* sugars (it's going to take a while to gt rid of the loving spoonful of sugar in my daily coffee).
    Today, I already feel lighter and more alert...
    This week, I plan on continuing to eat healthier, and to add an exercise component to my week. I already do a lot of slow moving, its getting that sprint into my routine. I have a clothes hanger, er, I mean eliptical in my house...time to unearth it.
    I'm going to replace the battery in my digital scale today. Let's see how this goes!
  3. I'm taking the plunge to change my lifestyle. I'm about 1 1/2 years shy of 40 and I've spent the majority of my 30's making excuses for not being accountable to my body, mind and overall health. Over the past 8 months, I've struggled with high blood pressure that has landed me in the hospital on several occassions and just recently I was informed by my doctor that my body is registering high triglyceride levels that are effecting my blood pressure. My doctor tells me the sensitivity is to eating WAY too many carbs in my diet.
    I need to make this change. For myself and for my family- I fear I won't be alive to see them grow up and have their own families.
    A friend gave me the name of 'Mark's Daily Apple' over the summer and swore its effectiveness to me. I kept this information on hand, and over the last week, I've been reading and getting to know what it means to live by these rules.
    So, I've started my journey....
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
About Hopgoddess.RAS

Basic Information

Date of Birth
October 5
About Hopgoddess.RAS
Biography:
I'm at a crossroads at my life. Aging, working a stress job, taking care of my family are all working against me. My health has become an issue- I need to eat healthier, exercise more, relax more, and spend more time doing those things that will make me happy.
Interests:
Cooking, reading, dancing, gardening, being with my family.
Human Services

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
Most Recent Message
03-05-2013 05:22 PM
General Information
Last Activity
03-05-2013 06:50 PM