Tab Content
No Recent Activity
About jankay

Basic Information

About jankay
Biography:
I live in Taranaki in New Zealand's North Island, half an hour away from a beautiful town called New Plymouth. Pungarehu is between Mt Taranaki and the sea. It is very rural and fairly hilly here, I have 2000 acres to walk the dogs over and shoot hares and rabbits (four dairy farms. Our cows live outside and climb hills!). My body collapsed big time via Lupus when I was 20, though I know I got it when I was 15. I was a huge carb addict and sugar binge-eater, I remember my first sugar binge on icing sugar (neat!) when I was 5. . . My body started breaking down after 10 years of this stress and diet. Anyway, aged 20 I was on life support with lung failure caused by Lupus. I ended up on dialysis for 18 months after 3 or so years of kidney deterioration and had a renal transplant when I was 24. 18 years later I still have that transplant, and since going Primal two months ago my kidney function has gone from 23% to 28%, which my physician thinks is fabulous - but he is still not interested in what I am doing! My partner has embraced Primal food (he was pretty much doing the exact Primal lifestyle anyway) and has gone from skinny fat to gaining muscle and losing a wheat belly. We have both found steadier temperaments, much less depression, increased energy levels and no brain fog. I won't go back to the standard diet, mainly because my quality of life goes from great to sickly and barely functioning. I think when you are on the outer with an illness of any sort to manage, the gains from going Primal are amplified hugely. For me they are anyway, when I eat crap food and feel like death for the next 2-3 days I know exactly what has caused it. Me! Previously I thought it was Lupus. By the way, my lupus symptoms and blood markers have GONE! it was wheat and sugar all along...
Interests:
Small game hunting (.22 rifle), sewing and up-cycling clothes, ocean fishing, my two schipperke dogs
Freelance writer

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
General Information
Last Activity
02-23-2013 06:03 PM
Referrals