Tab Content
More Activity
About ANewLeaf

Basic Information

About ANewLeaf
Biography:
I am 42 and my purpose for going primal is two fold: gain control of my weight and my health. I have rheumatoid arthritis and have consistently been in the obese range since 28, and over 200 several times for brief periods but consistent now for the past year. I only have been a normal weight once in my adult life, when my RA went systemic and I lost a ridiculous amount of weight in a short time. I maintained it while I got more healthy over the course of a year but then it started creeping back up. The only diets I have had moderate success with losing has been hcg and Atkins, but as soon as I increased my carbs, I gained quickly. When I read PB, something clicked and it just made sense. I know I am sensitive to gluten due to some experimenting I have done in the past but it wasn't enough for me to give up the pasta and the breads. Now I see I didn't take it far enough by eliminating all grains. So, I am embarking on this journey to improve my health, stabilize my RA with hopes of decreasing my meds for it, and obviously lose the weight. according to my internist, I am relatively healthy, by the numbers (labs, bp), but I know it won't stay that way if I don't lose weight and increase my activity level. I am just 5 years away from it all turning the other way, especially with menopause looming.
Interests:
reading, hockey fan, computers, cooking

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
General Information
Last Activity
06-19-2013 07:53 PM
Referrals