Conversation Between Angieh and TheFoodLovers

3 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks so much for the reply! I did make them, and they were amazing! I have some in the freezer right now. I'm doing whole30 so no cookies for me for another 3 weeks or so. I read on Elana's Pantry that she does not recommend Bob's almond flour because it's a little too course for some baking recipes. So I ended up getting JK's Almond Flour from Amazon (recommended by Elana's Pantry), and it worked great. It's pricey, but I won't use it very often. Your recipes and blog are [U][I][B]great[/B][/I][/U], and I've referred many people to it. Thanks and keep up the outstanding work!
  2. Hi Angie -

Thanks for the generous comments about our website! We did not see this comment (or any others on our profile) until today! We didn't even realize these comments were here :(

If you're still interested in gingerbread men (and who wouldn't be?) .. we used Bob's Red Mill blanched almond flour. We were able to find it at our local Whole Foods / regular grocery store "Giant Eagle", and a few other local health food stores in the Pittsburgh area. If you cant find it at at store near you, you can order it. You might be able to find a decent price on amazon!

Thanks again for the kind words. If you ever have any other questions or comments feel free to get in touch with us on here or at [email]PrimalPalate@gmail.com[/email]. We promise we'll be checking this from now on - haha!

Much love,
    Hayley and Bill
  3. Hi there,
    Your recipes (and pics) look simply mouth watering! I just took a look at your blog and am inspired to make your gingerbread men. What brand of almond flour do you use? I have Trader Joe's brand in my fridge, but I know it's not blanched and is too course for cookies. I went to Elana's pantry, but she recommends about 5-6 kinds, which further confused me. You obviously get fantastic results, so I was hoping you'd share your brand, and if you've already answered this somewhere else, my apologies.
    Thanks so much for the inspiration!
    Angie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3