Tab Content
No Recent Activity
About Fitat150

Basic Information

About Fitat150
Biography:
Former skinny/fat girl with a 23" waist, w/out intention, ate Paleo w/ intermittant fasting as a young adult, suited me, loved it, felt great. Started intense weight training at age 30, and started extreme calorie restriction thinking I could look like Rachel McClish in 6 months. That did not work (but I did get stronger), then the trainers started telling me I needed to eat every 2 hours-5/6 meals/day, more oatmeal, replacement bars, protein powder, etc...
Well, heywhatyaknow! It's now 28 years later and I am 50 pounds heavier with at least 10% greater bodyfat and a 34" waist. NOT GOOD. I have not felt good about how I look for over 20 years. I alternate between thinking, "well, at least I am strong and can walk 10 miles on a daily basis, so there's that" to just being completely grossed out by what I see in the mirror. And, don't get me started on photographs....a terrible, unsettling reality check. So, here we go, it's now or never and Paleo makes sense to me (given, the other eating programs just don't work for me).
Being retired, I have a very flexible schedule, live in a neighborhood with a walk score of 100, have a kettlebell gym 2 blocks away and an LA Fitness about .5 miles away. The biggest issue for me is the wine, because when one is retired, the daily glass (or two) becomes a ritual. Here we go....Paleo eating, IF, no wine, keep up the kettlebell and walking with 2 days of lifting heavy things and try not to get frustrated by road blocks. Game On!!
Interests:
active travel, walking marathons and 1/2 marathons, fitness -kettlebell, weight training,philanthroy
retired

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
General Information
Last Activity
12-02-2012 11:10 AM
Referrals