Tab Content
More Activity
About MaryIM

Basic Information

Date of Birth
February 2
About MaryIM
Biography:
I decided to nickname myself Grokini because I'm a yogini. My favorite way to practice yoga is Bikram Yoga.

When it comes to nutrition and physical fitness, my motto is "never give up". I'm 59 and have been retired for 2 years, after having worked as a computer programmer for 37 years. Ever since college have been battling my weight (1st time dieting, at my boyfriend's prodding, I went from 128 to 114).

Ever since then have been on countless diets -- a classic YoYo dieter. In 2011, I did really well and lost 23 lbs and exercised about 5X per week. Then in 2012, with moving and my husband's retirement and spending the summer at our cabin in the mountains (and numerous social events) gained back those 23 and a few more.

In September 2012, I ventured into the paleo realm and found that it works for me.

In January 2013 have sworn off grains, beans, pastas,alcohol, sugar, dairy and virtually all processed food. Going natural. Eating an "outrageous amount" of vegetables and LOVIN' IT! I started seeing a Nutritionist who put me on an "aggressive nutritional therapy" eating plan. IT'S WORKING!!!
Interests:
yoga, hiking, gardening, church choir, trying to learn golf
Happily Retired! Wife of One, Mother of Two, Grandmother of One, Grandmother of One

Signature

I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
General Information
Last Activity
03-29-2014 02:08 PM
Referrals

1 Friend

demuralist
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1