Tab Content
No More Results
About torena

Basic Information

About torena
Biography:
I ate the SAD for most of my life. About a year ago I started to seriously consider this paleo/primal stuff I was seeing a lot of my fitness friends talking about. I kept trying to get on board but had several speed bumps, mainly around trying to get my family to do it at the same time. Then, wham, I had several gallbladder attacks in one week (I had two separate attacks before but nothing this frequent). I did some research and found links between celiac disease and gallbladder issues (not to mention my hypothyroidism). I know the answer to my gallbladder problem is not a low-fat diet (which will cause my gallbladder to be stagnant, creating more stones, increasing my probability for surgery) but to increase the fats I eat and cut out the junk contributing to these problems.

I'm a nursing mom so I have to keep an eye on those carbs (can't quite go LC yet) and I don't want to drop weight too fast (thus drying up my milk supply). So far, just cleaning up what I eat and eating when I'm hungry plus paying attention to when I am full (and not OMG STUFFED) has been paying off and I'm losing weight at a rate I am comfortable with (as well as my nursling).
Interests:
Rift, gardening, cooking, supporting local farmers, cloth diapering, babywearing, alternative living
Mom of 2 with a part time job teaching people to cloth diaper and babywear. :)

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
General Information
Last Activity
11-22-2013 03:34 PM
Referrals

1 Friend

abstractpersona
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1