Conversation Between ZoŽ and primal_jessjane

3 Visitor Messages

1. You are very welcome. Unfortunately, my avatar isn't me (though I would love to re-create it!).
    By the way, for some reason the message you sent me was tagged as moderated. *shrug*
  2. Zoe - Thank you for the advice! The library is pretty lousy here, but I will definitely look around for that book... I actually went to his website and registered for a free course on back pain next month. :-) I think a really important part of healing my back pain is using my deep abdominal muscles ALL the time, not only in exercise (well... Isn't everything exercise??) I am going to enroll myself into this Yoga Flare class that goes through fluid movements of very slow movements that require the abdominals stay tight and strong. I think this will help train me to use my core more often. :-)

By the way, that isn't you in your avatar, is it?? Very cool image. :-)
  3. Hey there. I read about your back too and I would like to tell you about a book that might help. It's called 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back by Esther Gokhale. I found it at my library. It has tons of pictures on appropriate posture based on anthropological evidence. The whole idea of standing up straight with the chest out and but tucked in is bad news ans she shows you why. It totally fascinated me and I'm sure it could help you, too!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3