Tab Content
No Recent Activity
About KKDMB

Basic Information

About KKDMB
Biography:
I'm a student, daughter, sister, girlfriend, and mother to three lovely doggies. I'm 20, from the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands (VI massive!) and recently discovered the Primal/Paleo lifestyle... and I must say, I'm never looking back.

I have a genetic condition called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), a connective tissue disease, and I use MDA to help me stay as healthy and mobile and independent as possible, for as long as possible.

I suppose a "health history" is in order, mmm? I'm not sure what people do here at MDA, but whatthehoo. I've always been tall and thin and relatively athletic, having been a competitive swimmer from age 7 through about 15-16. Around that time, however, the EDS became too apparent and the newly sedentary lifestyle, combined with stress and poor eating habits, caused me to gain upwards of 30lbs in less than half a year.

Fast forward a few years, I dropped 20lbs through CW calorie restriction without much effort and zero exercise. The weight hovered at 140 with no muscle tone to speak of. Forward again about a year, I see the 20th birthday looming, and I decide it's time to lose "that last 7lbs". I turned back to CW and this time learned a lot about nutrition and cut out everything processed. I learned about WAPF and ate sprouted bread and sought raw milk and local meat. Yum. But CW still had its ugly claws in me and while I was transitioning to whole foods, I became rather food-obsessed. It was strange and new, and I whittled my very tall frame down to a very light 120lbs - again, with no muscle tone. Calorie restriction + chronic cardio = hell. I was scrawny, pale, irritable, and I thought about food ALL THE TIME. I had never had such wild sugar cravings as I did then. Ah, the misery.... I can't say I miss it.

I broke that cycle by myself, but the new found freedom from such calorie restriction resulted in some not-so-pretty binge eating. 15lbs of pure fat in 3 months? Oh yeah. I did need some weight, absolutely, but every bit of it came in the form of grains and sugar. (Because dietary fats are sooo bad, hasn't CW told you?!)

And now Primal. And now free, and happy, and getting stronger, and no longer craving craving craving. I'm actually eating WHEN. Craziness, I know.
Interests:
Eating well, walking with my dog(s), reading, swimming, talking, laughing, writing, loving
Student, Researcher for Nurse Life Care Planner

Signature

Live Clean, Love Hard. Or vice versa.

Female! Height: 5'10.5" HW: 161 SW: 135 CW: 124 GW: Whatever number my body wants to be when I'm eating and moving well - trying to get that muscle mass up.

Statistics

Total Posts
Total Posts
Posts Per Day
General Information
Last Activity
04-28-2013 03:04 PM
Referrals