Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 days and weight loss stopped

Hi everyone
    Today is my 12th day eating primal. I went from a diet full of bread and sweets daily to completely paleo, with no wheat and refined sugar at all. I've also cut on grains, but had a little bit of rice yesterday when having Japanese food - don't think it could be very harmful just for once.
    Oh and I was very harsh on sugar (even from fruits) for the first 10 days bc I thought I would lose weight more quickly by doing so. But then I started feeling REALLY depressed and low-energy, so I researched a bit here on the forum and found out that maybe I should increase the fruit intake. So that's what I did, I added some fruit and I feel much better already.
    So far, the cravings have decreased considerably and I feel much more under control when hungry.
    Problem is, I've lost about 2 kilos so far (which could have been just water trapped) but now it's stopped, the scale has been showing 67 kilos for days now.
    Okay it's a good thing that I'm not gaining any weight (I had been gaining weight continuously for years), but still... I have 12 kilos (minimum) to lose! I'm tired of being this chubby!
    I couldn't exercise at all bc like I sad I had NO energy... Now I feel better to start, but anyway, I would like my diet to slim me down, not exercise... We've all seen Mark saying diet is 80% of weight loss...
    Does anyone have an idea of what I could be doing wrong? Tips? Advice?
    Tks a lot!

You could possibly be eating to much. What does a normal day of eating look like?

Comment

You're 12 days in. Sit tight.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Originally posted by jawilson87 View Post
        You could possibly be eating to much. What does a normal day of eating look like?
        Breakfast:
        1 cup of latte
        1 egg scrambled with one teaspoon of butter
        1 banana

Snack (if hungry): some cheese and some fruit, like watermelon

Lunch:
        Meat, chicken, salmon or tuna (most commonly) as 1/3 of the plate
        Salad and vegetables (other 2/3)

Snack (only if very hungry, which is getting better now):
        Some fruit, like an apple

Dinner:
        Same as lunch, OR a cup of yogurt with nuts, OR some cheese

Tks a lot!

Comment

You can scramble one egg?

That sounds like very little food, unless your meat at lunch is pretty big.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            You can scramble one egg?

That sounds like very little food, unless your meat at lunch is pretty big.

Sent via lightsaber
            Yes I can! :-)
            I tried eating 2 eggs in the morning but it didn't feel good...

You really think that is little food? What about not losing any more weight so far?

Comment

If you've been eating that much starch and sugar you'll likely feel like crap for several weeks as your body adjusts. It's what's called carb flue.

If your going to eat fruit I'd focus on berries since they're lower in sugars, they're lower glycemic
              Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Actually I'm already feeling a little better... But it's too much of a sacrifice for not losing any weight... I just wish I could go 80/20, but I am afraid of messing up with the whole process.
                Any ideas?

Comment

It takes time, don't be in such a hurry. A good rate of weight loss is half a pound a week. You may want to only weigh yourself once a week. Have patience.

Comment

Tks... It's been hard to be patient...
                    Would anyone make any changes to my diet?

Comment

I would add starch like potato or rice. Aim for around 100 grams of carb. You will experience less low carb flu and have more energy.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        I would add starch like potato or rice. Aim for around 100 grams of carb. You will experience less low carb flu and have more energy.
                        Really? Why? I don't understand...

Comment

Besides, do you guys think I could go 80/20? Would I lose weight that way to?
                          The reason I'm asking is that (besides missing cheat food) I've read about cheat days being important to lose weight...

Comment

Originally posted by DebbiePoli View Post
                            Really? Why? I don't understand...
                            Because Primal / Paleo is not supposed to be low carb. I think some people jump right into very low carb (under 50 grams) when that is not what is best for their bodies. Nor is it what Mark recommends in the Blueprint.

I'm confused as to why you would be okay with eating cheat meals, but not okay eating safe starches.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              Because Primal / Paleo is not supposed to be low carb. I think some people jump right into very low carb (under 50 grams) when that is not what is best for their bodies. Nor is it what Mark recommends in the Blueprint.

I'm confused as to why you would be okay with eating cheat meals, but not okay eating safe starches.
                              I'm not okay with eating cheat meals, I actually don't know exactly what to do...
                              I'm not trying to be low on carbs anymore, it's been two days I'm eating more fruit and I feel better already.
                              I'm asking about cheat days for two reasons. The first one is that I have read that cheat days actually help you lose more weight (I don't really know how that's supposed to work). For obvious reasons (the second one), if that's correct I would really like to do so.

Comment

Working...
                              X