Stupid question :/

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question :/

I know this sounds ridiculous but is a splash of milk in one or two cups of tea a day a hindrance to weight loss, in any way? I'm in England and its winter! Thanks

Sounds negligible to me, assuming you don't have a severe dairy intolerance.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Heavy cream is more primal! And delicious. XD
      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
        Heavy cream is more primal! And delicious. XD
        You'll never convince British people to put heavy cream in their tea. They're impervious to the logic of the whole thing.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          You'll never convince British people to put heavy cream in their tea. They're impervious to the logic of the whole thing.
          Lol not sure where you get that idea. We grew up with cream for tea and coffee, until the parentals got convinced to use low fat milk by the cw police at some point in the 80s.
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            because it taste horrible, that's why.

In coffee, hell yeah, in tea, blurgh!

Comment

but yeah i use whole milk in my tea all the time and i still lost weight.

Comment

Cream teas are as British as you can get! I may just do that! Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by tosino View Post
                  Cream teas are as British as you can get! I may just do that! Thanks guys!
                  The cream goes on the scone, not in the tea! Damn colonials! :-)

Comment

Primal scones are more of a challenge. Have to admit if I am ever going to cheat it will be a scone with butter, cream and jam on it....proper lush as we say down here in Gloucestershire
                    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
                    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by fifer View Post
                      The cream goes on the scone, not in the tea! Damn colonials! :-)
                      I must agree, and I'm from Down Under.
                      Annie Ups the Ante
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Evaporated or condensed milk!

Oh, wait, that's Hong Kong Silk Stocking tea

To the OP: No, you're fine. In my practice, a "splash" is like 30ml in an average mug. That's about 20 calories.

M.

Comment

A splash of milk in tea? No, that's not going to stop you from losing weight.

For most people, weight loss is not a delicate balance that hinges on perfectly stacking every calorie. If one is misplaced, the whole pile won't collapse. It's about the whole picture of eating good food, moving around, and resting.

Comment

Originally posted by MaceyUK View Post
                            Primal scones are more of a challenge. Have to admit if I am ever going to cheat it will be a scone with butter, cream and jam on it....proper lush as we say down here in Gloucestershire
                            I'm not averse to the occasional cheat, but when out for cream tea with a friend I just cleaned out her unwanted clotted cream. (Which has to be an oxymoron - unwanted clotted cream?)

Comment

That stuff is amazing and eating it with relish is a joy of primal living. By relish I am not referring to what the septics put on their hotdogs.
                              Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
                              www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X