X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Ha ha this thread is taking on sinister qualities but then I did call it 'which saw for bones'.

I've ended up finding a really cheap little hacksaw in a diy store, didn't know they could be that cheap. Now to defrost one of my legs of lamb.....

Out of interest, what I do is do a meat on the bone roast, then once the meats been eaten I cut up the bone for broth, I find that although its already been cooked once, it still makes awesome broth.
      Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

i make broth from my left over roast bones and carcasses as well as fresh bones.

Comment

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          i make broth from my left over roast bones and carcasses as well as fresh bones.
          Yes I find that if you cook a whole fish in the oven, then set aside the head and backbone you can make a fantastic broth with that too - worthy of just drinking on the spot
          Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            my only concern with an autopsy saw is it prob doesnt stay sharp as long as a more mundane saw as i bet they only use them once. i def need a bone saw. had to axe the end off a venison hock today to fit it in the slow cooker. who knows where the axe had been either. thinking about it, i can disjoint an animal with just a knife. you just need to cut the joints in the right place. and i reckon a $10 hand saw from the local hardware store would prob do the trick for any bones you need to saw up.
            I doubt autopsy saws are disposable, they look heavy duty. They probably just clean them well between uses.
            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
              I doubt autopsy saws are disposable, they look heavy duty. They probably just clean them well between uses.
              Yea, you wouldn't want to cause an infection in a corpse.

I use my battery powered Saws-all. Hacksaw blades have very fine teeth but check for replacement blades with fewer teeth.

Comment

IF anything www.budk.com usually has cheap field dressing kits, not as good as a real hunter's bone saw or butcher's saw but cheap. You can usually find a horn and antler saw for 30-50$, they'll work well too http://www.butcher-packer.com has some options
                -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Working...
                X