No announcement yet.

Measure Your PH for Optimal Health

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long-Term Persistence of the Urine Calcium-Lowering Effect of Potassium Bicarbonate in Postmenopausal Women

Comment

When does 7=0, 1 = 10, 2=1,000 and 3 = 10,000 ?
      The change in PH from 7 to 6 is HUGE ! It means 10 times more acidic. The change from 7 to 5 is 1,000 times more acidic. Amazingly, the change from 7 to 4 is 10,000 times more acidic.
      What is a pH Scale? definition and meaning

Grizz

Comment

It means your pee is acidic. Has nothing to do with your blood or interstitial fluids, etc. It's like measuring the light bouncing off a windshield to determine if the seats are clean in your car.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
          When does 7=0, 1 = 10, 2=1,000 and 3 = 10,000 ?
          The change in PH from 7 to 6 is HUGE ! It means 10 times more acidic. The change from 7 to 5 is 1,000 times more acidic. Amazingly, the change from 7 to 4 is 10,000 times more acidic.
          What is a pH Scale? definition and meaning

Grizz
          You obviously don't understand logarithms. 7 to 6 = 10. 7 to 5 = 100. 7 to 4 = 1000. Also, the numbers mean nothing without an explanation of their significance and detail of what are the values actually measured
          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Book About pH

The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health

Never count calories, fat grams, or portion size again!
            Your body's pH balance is the key to optimal health, weight, mental clarity, and overall vigor. Strike the right balance by nourishing your body with certain foods to create an alkaline environment, and say good-bye to low energy, poor digestion, extra pounds, aches and pains, and disease. This innovative program, proven effective over decades, works with your body chemistry to revitalize and maintain your health. Now completely revised, updated, and expanded, this classic guide includes the latest research and reveals the secrets of:

Core nutrients-an all-new program that provides the most important components your body needs: chlorophyll from green vegetables, essential oils, alkaline water, and pure mineral salts
            Cleansing-remove impurities and normalize digestion and metabolism with new ways to detox the body
            Exercising right-a brand-new chapter on which alkalizing exercises help maintain the correct pH level
            Alkaline foods-over thirty-five new, tempting pH-powerful recipes to help you easily balance your body using foods like tomatoes, avocados, sprouts, nuts, lemons, limes, grapefruits, and green vegetables.

Review
            "Dr. Young has discovered a brilliant insight to re-create our health, expand our longevity, and feel better fast!" --Mark Victor Hansen, cocreater of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series

"Dr. Young may be on the threshold of a new biology whose principles could revolutionize biology and medicine and potentially help people worldwide. Additional research is desperately needed!" --Neil Solomon, director, International Council for Caring Communities' Health Advisory Board, United Nations, and New York Times bestselling author

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't trust the skeptics! Trust your own RESULTS! November 30, 2005
            By M. Western
            Format:Paperback
            Having waded through all 69 reviews, it's clear that people are either strongly in support of Dr. Young's approach to health and wellness (based on personal experience), or strongly against his ideas/theories. Really ... check it out ... you'll see either five stars or one star.

Interesting though ... if you read carefully, you'll notice that most of the critics and skeptics haven't even tried the program. Instead, they're focused on attacking Dr. Young, his lack of credentials, his lack of published papers, his "mumbo-jumbo" science, etc., etc.

But honestly, who cares? I don't care if he got his degree out of a CrackerJack box. Like most people, I want results that I can see and feel. And that's exactly what I'm experiencing as a result of two things that are the cornerstone to his program: eating more greens and super-hydrating.

No need to follow all the fancy diets, either. It can be as simple or as difficult as you want to make it. Bottom line to his program entails 3 things:

1. Super-hydrate the body by drinking plenty of water (4-5 liters a day)

2. Alkalize the body by eating foods high in alkalinity (and this is where people get stuck ... you don't have to eat like them and fix all those fancy meals ... simply increase the % of veggies at each meal).

3. Supergreens - if you can't get enough veggies, and most of us can't, then use the supplements or powder. I mean you really can't beat them - 49 different organic grasses, vegetables and sprouts; as well as 125 different vitamins, minerals and amino acids.

What does all this sound like? That's right ... grandma's recipe for "good health and longevity".

Again, skip the skeptics and try it for yourself. No doubt your body will thank you for it!
            Grizz

Comment

169 oz of water a day?

Make America Great Again

Comment

Abject garbage. Worse than iodine. Boo, hiss. GTFO, Grizz.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Book About pH - 2

The Acid-Alkaline Food Guide: A Quick Reference to Foods & Their Effect on pH Levels

In the last few years, researchers around the world have reported the importance of acid-alkaline balance to good health. While thousands of people are trying to balance their body s pH level, until now, they have had to rely on guides containing only a small number of foods. The Acid-Alkaline Food Guide is a complete resource for people who want to widen their food choices.

The book begins by explaining how the acid-alkaline environment of the body is influenced by foods. It then presents a list of thousands of foods single foods, combination foods, and even fast foods and their acid-alkaline effects. The Acid-Alkaline Food Guide will quickly become the resource you turn to at home, in restaurants, and whenever you want to select a food that can help you reach your health and dietary goals.

About the Author
                  Susan E. Brown, Ph.D., CCN is a medical anthropologist and New York State Certified Nutritionist. Dr. Brown is a clinician, researcher and author. She has over twenty years experience in clinical nutrition, bone health research and lay and health professional education. Susan E. Brown directs the Osteoporosis Education Project, non-profit Corporation, and the Nutrition Education and Consulting Service. Both organizations are located in East Syracuse, New York.

Review:
                  This book gives a concise description of what pH balance is, how it affects your health, and the possible consequences of not keeping ones system "in balance". pH means "potential for hydrogen", a term used in chemistry, which indicates whether a solution, fluid or compound is acidic, alkaline, or neutral. pH can be measured in our bodies by testing saliva and urine or blood (pH strips are available for the first 2 tests), and if we have a heavy concentration of hydrogen in our systems, we are "acid based". The scale goes from 0 to 14; to be healthy, we should have slightly alkaline, oxygen-rich arterial blood (7.365 to 7.45 is ideal) - a reading of 7.0 is neutral.

Oxygen rich systems (alkaline based) neutralize formation of acids which might prove to be harmful. To help us stay in the neutral zone, our bodies use calcium and protein from bones, and possibly other places, to pump more alkaline to our systems in order to neutralize formation of acids, so as to keep us in balance. After the passage of time, if we fail to keep our systems in balance, and we become acid based, our bone formation will be reduced, calcium will be lost in our urine (leading to kidney stone formation), proteins will breakdown causing our muscles to waste away, our systems will be unable to repair cells, tissues and organs fully, our systems will age at an accelerated pace, more free radicals will be produced, we will be subject to increased fluid retention, and so forth.

The American diet is centered around foods that create acid-base systems. Dr. Brown lists about 70 pages of foods we eat, and rates them according to whether the food is alkaline-forming or acid-forming. The first time I read through the list, I determined that I could not eat any food without running the risk of forming more acids in my system. To remedy this, Dr. Brown suggest that we eat more dark green vegetables than any other food group. She doesn't require me to give up meat or eggs or nuts, so long as 2/3rd of my plate contains foods that are alkaline-forming (such as kale, collard greens, mustard greens, asparagus, snap green beans, etc.).

Dr. Brown explains the basis for her conclusions. Our bodies have 3 methods of getting rid of unwanted "poisons", or acid forming chemicals, all of which are filtered through our bodies:

First, our lungs supply our bodies with much needed oxygen (as we breathe in), and dispel (exhale) carbon dioxide (the "burned" waste from our system - an inference might be made that aerobic exercise helps cleanse our system, because it requires lots of heavy breathing, which gives us a double dose of oxygen; in turn the CO2 expels the oxidized stuff we don't need);

Second, our kidneys filter unwanted sugars, and other waste products which we don't need (we rid our systems through urine - a preventative measure we can take is to drink lots of pure, and hopefully ionized or ozone rich water, which will keep our kidneys healthy, as well as supply needed oxygen to our systems); and

Third, our skin filters out other things, through our perspiration (which is also produced through exercise).

With the information in this book, we will understand the importance of pH balance, have a list of foods and corresponding indicators as to whether the foods produce acid or alkaline with our systems, and gain a better appreciate of the components of good health.

More reviews:
                  http://www.amazon.com/The-Acid-Alkal...RankDescending

Grizz
                  Last edited by Grizz; 08-11-2013, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Wow, tough crowd.
                    Maybe another thread is needed to discuss how measuring pH is invalid rather than distracting from the OP's subject.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by LinD View Post
                      Wow, tough crowd.
                      Maybe another thread is needed to discuss how measuring pH is invalid rather than distracting from the OP's subject.
                      Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4
                      LinD,
                      Nice idea, but that will not stop the TROLLS. This website is the TROLL CAPITAL of the USA. Moderators will do nothing about the trolls, but will close the thread instead of dealing with them. So enjoy the information that I am providing before this thread gets closed, thanks to the TROLLS.

You can find more health information here, including a chapter on PH:
                      http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
                      This thread is world wide, and is being read 24/7 by 5 to 20 people. It is the best of the best health information accumulated in one place, including many testimonial from right here at Marks Daily Apple.

Grizz
                      Last edited by Grizz; 08-11-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Next up, copper bracelets! Go for it, Grizz! Tell us about copper bracelets next! I wanna hear the story!
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                          169 oz of water a day?

What's wrong with 1.5 gallons a day? That is routine for me. I am 6' 2" 160lbs Body Fat 12%

I notice that none of the trolls commented on the paper provided by Anna5 Long-Term Persistence of the Urine Calcium-Lowering Effect of Potassium Bicarbonate in Postmenopausal Women

I wonder why?

Comment

Maybe because Anna5's article was about reducing the loss of calcium and not about adjusting ph?

Comment

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                              Maybe because Anna5's article was about reducing the loss of calcium and not about adjusting ph?
                              The article is all about adjusting PH using potassium bicarbonate to change PH of the body away from acidic to alkaline to prevent the body from leaching calcium from the bones...thus preventing osteoporosis.

Comment

All of you TROLLS will be thrilled to see that this message wraps up my participation on this subject.

More Books On the subject of PH

The pH Balance Diet: Restore Your Acid-Alkaline Levels to Eliminate Toxins and Lose Weight

The pH Miracle for Diabetes: The Revolutionary Diet Plan for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetics

The Amazing Acid Alkaline Cookbook

The pH Miracle for Weight Loss: Balance Your Body Chemistry, Achieve Your Ideal Weight

The Acid Alkaline Balance Diet, Second Edition: An Innovative Program that Detoxifies Your Body's Acidic Waste to Prevent Disease and Restore Overall Health

Hidden Truth of Cancer

Alkalize or Die: Superior Health Through Proper Alkaline-Acid Balance

To wrap this up, here is the Iodine - PH Document:
                                http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-PH-Levels

If you are interested in optimal health, this link & the books listed will help, don't listen to the Trolls,

Grizz

Comment

Working...
                                X