13 Worst Diet Wreckers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
    A deep-fried croissant in the shape of a donut.
    Good grief. I wonder if they're on sale down here?? I don't hang around pastry shops anymore!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Originally posted by Jac View Post
      Good grief. I wonder if they're on sale down here?? I don't hang around pastry shops anymore!
      Cronut is a (possibly trademarked) name used by just one chef here in NYC. People wait in long lines for it. My friend waited 4 hours for one. They started selling rip off versions in other places though.
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Jac, are you a kiwi?

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/cron...d-cafe-5542044

Apparently there's a bakery on Auckland's North shore that makes em and one in Welly too.
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
          Jac, are you a kiwi?

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/cron...d-cafe-5542044

Apparently there's a bakery on Auckland's North shore that makes em and one in Welly too.
          Yeah I'm a kiwi - gobsmacked about the cronuts lol.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Breakfast in general has been one of the toughest adjustments for me.

For years and years, it was so easy to just open the box of cereal, and pour some milk over the top.
            There isn't always time (or energy) to whip up an omelet and handle the cleanup.

I've learned to always have hard boiled eggs available and ready, but it is still a struggle.

Comment

Wouldn't it be 13 Best Diet Wreckers Slideshow ?

Boy do I hate slideshows & livestrong.com bs. It isn't even part of the charity set up by the fraud huckster cheater himself.

rant over.

Comment

It's a good list for people who eat SAD. The only thing on that list I consume is processed meats.

My biggest diet wrecker, when I'm not adhering to Primal, is pasta. I love pasta. It's one of the reasons Paleo/Primal is good for me- it eliminates pasta entirely so I can't overeat it.
                High Weight: 225
                Weight at start of Primal: 189
                Current Weight: 174
                Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Is ice cream really a diet wrecker? Sure most major store brands but what about ice cream fresh from a farm? Full fat and whole milk? Perhaps raw milk? High butter content? What's so bad about this kind of ice cream? It must be the sugar from the milk

Comment

Added sugar in ice cream is the main issue, even fresh from the farm.

Comment

True, but sugar isn't bad like wheat, unless you're insulin resistant. Eat it after a killer workout, or just rarely as a treat.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Comment

McDonalds!'!!!!
                        My interesting paleo weight loss blog

Comment

Originally posted by eats.meats.west View Post
                          Added sugar in ice cream is the main issue, even fresh from the farm.
                          Sure but what if you get no sugar added ice cream?

Comment

Originally posted by guitarfan85 View Post
                            Sure but what if you get no sugar added ice cream?
                            Then you're going into weird chemical additives, unless you're making a primal version. In which case, that's a lot of xylitol.
                            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                              Then you're going into weird chemical additives, unless you're making a primal version. In which case, that's a lot of xylitol.
                              Best results I've had in my three or so tries on "primal" ice cream came from a mix of stevia and xylitol.

Stevia on its own? Too much aftertaste.

Xylitol on its own? Too much CAN give you the shits.

Both mixed about 50/50? No aftertaste AND no shits. Score!

But man, it's generally more effort to make than it is worth. And with my warning sweet tooth, I just don't have the motivation to do it anymore really.
                              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                                Xylitol is primal? That seems off.

You can make ice cream with honey or maple syrup instead of sugar. It's still a diet-wrecker because it's calorically dense and tastes so good -- it's not too hard to eat 800 calories in a sitting. But the ingredients can be entirely healthy (if you don't think honey is unhealthy).

Comment

Working...
                                X