What type of cookware to use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of cookware to use?

Hello, I am wondering about the cookware we use. What do you use and what is the safest cookware to use for pots, pans and frying pans? I know not to use teflon or aluminum. What material is the safest and what should I purchase? Stainless Steell pots, cast iron skillet? etc

Im transitioning away from teflon pots and pans. What kind of pots and pans and skillets, etc should I purchase?

Originally posted by FedorandBjPenn View Post
    Hello, I am wondering about the cookware we use. What do you use and what is the safest cookware to use for pots, pans and frying pans? I know not to use teflon or aluminum. What material is the safest and what should I purchase? Stainless Steell pots, cast iron skillet? etc

Im transitioning away from teflon pots and pans. What kind of pots and pans and skillets, etc should I purchase?
    Cast iron or forged iron

accept no substitues
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Can u reccomend some brands?

Comment

Lodge. Got mine for $20. Or hit up garage sales for them cheap.
        "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers (1759-1834)

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
          Lodge. Got mine for $20. Or hit up garage sales for them cheap.
          So get a cast iron skillet. But what kind of pan's should i bake my chicken in?

Comment

Glass.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

So glass is the safest to bake chicken in? I cook everyday

Comment

why would you not use cast/forged iron?

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

So glass is the safest to bake chicken in? I cook everyday
                  what are your safety concerns? most people are not concerned about safety when talking utensils. I am very curious

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Im concerned about chemicals leaching into food. And toxins. Was wondering what you allcook with.

Comment

Im concerned about chemicals leaching into food. And toxins. Was wondering what you allcook with.
                      Cast iron is safe and glass is safe. Cast iron is cooler. Glass can be convenient for certain purposes, like microwaving rice. Stay away from heating food in anything containing plastic, aluminum, or deathlon(tm).
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

well as for chemicals... dont use anything easily reactive ( most that is easily reactive also melts, so that is mostly taken care of)

Stoneware - make certain it is unglazed. not very good for ALL uses but fine for specific uses Grade c- for overall cooking

Ceramic - non reactive, takes the place of stoneware for most uses. cannot be used on a fire, High heat resistance - high break resistance
                        Glass - non reactive, not very useful outside the oven - medium break, medium heat. choose ceramic over glass

Cast iron - requires "seaoning" and is then reasonably non reactive ( do not use acidic foods in, tomatoes ). never wash, extreme heat resistance, non breakable

Forged - requires "seaoning" and is then reasonably non reactive ( do not use acidic foods in, tomatoes ). never wash, extreme heat resistance, non breakable - better finish, use for item which stick ( eggs, etc)

i would recommend one pan for seafood ( if you eat seafood) and on for all other meats ( i can never seem to get fish smell/cast out of cast iron)

porcelain covered cast iron good for acid containing foods like above tomatoes

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          Cast iron is safe and glass is safe. Cast iron is cooler. Glass can be convenient for certain purposes, like microwaving rice. Stay away from heating food in anything containing plastic, aluminum, or deathlon(tm).
                          so i goggled deathlon could not find it then realize you mean teflon and i laughed

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

What do you guys use to.cook your meats?

Comment

From what ive read stainless steel and.cast.iron.seem.to.be the healthiest

Comment

Working...
                              X