X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnosing the health of your Gut

http://www.nourishingdays.com/?p=2760
    [quote]

Upwards of 75% of our immune systems are based on the health of our guts.
    </blockquote>

I apologize for the "Bathroom" topic, but I thought the chart mentioned in this post is a useful tool.

Interesting. I&#39;m happy to report that I&#39;m a type 4

Comment

Comment

Interesting... pre-primal, 2-3. Primal, 4.

Excellent.

Comment

A mostly natural diet low in lectins (and very a great many of us, lactose and gluten) + probiotics + fermented food is seriously the way to go.

Psyllium fiber. Pah.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

[quote]

A mostly natural diet low in lectins (and very a great many of us, lactose and gluten) + probiotics + fermented food is seriously the way to go.</blockquote>

I totally agree w/ this--probiotics/fermented foods and a gluten/grain and casein/lactose free diet has done wonders for my digestion and overall health.

I, like you other primals, am a type 4 as well! I just love potty talk.

Comment

I&#39;m a 3, 4, or 5 depending on the day, but it takes a serving of fiber each day to get me there. With no fiber I&#39;m a 6 or a 7, and my stomach just doesn&#39;t feel good.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Comment

For a lot of fun finding out more about poops than you ever thought you wanted to know, try this guy (the crazy Russian who knows his stuff!):

http://www.gutsense.org/

He also uses the Bristol stool chart

Comment

Pre-Primal I was Type 1. My college roommates used to tease me about "plink...plink...plink..." when I went. I would drop a few nuggets a few times a week.

Post-Primal I am a solid 4. And one or twice a day.

That is a vast improvement.

Comment

Plink, plink, plink is a sign of dysbiosis, a lack of gut bacteria.

Nasty little rocks -- I remember them from when I was a kid. Nobody knew anything back then, at least nobody in my family.

Comment

Ok, I was everything from 1 to 7, with no apparent pattern or regularity, for at least the last 5-10 years. Seriously, one day would be "plink, plink", and the next day would be somewhere around 6-7. Life was like a box of...pardon the pun...chocolates -- I never knew what I was going to get!

On PB, I&#39;m now firmly (*sigh*...pardon that pun as well) in the type 1-3 categories. Probably closest to 2-3 most of the time, but with a recent streak (definitely not a pun) of type 1/plink-plink lately.

Pre-PB I was basically a once-a-day kind of guy, with gas -- sometimes in astonishing quantities and outrageous qualities -- almost all day long, requiring alarming amounts of TP. On PB, I&#39;m once every two days or so, I have very little gas, and I probably don&#39;t even need TP anymore 90% of the time.

What conclusions can I draw from this? If that Bristol chart and the corresponding analysis is to be believed, PB has made things significantly worse for me. On the other hand, maybe that poo doctor is full of...crap. I honestly don&#39;t know.

Comment

@Stabby

the OP and your post led me down the path to

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/a-foo...ion-manifesto/

I take it from your comments that you&#39;re something of a fan of fermented foods? Have you read Katz Wild Fermentation and if so what are your opinions of it?

Comment

This is a shitty thread.

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

Comment

Working...
                          X