vibram 5-fingers for wide feet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibram 5-fingers for wide feet

has anyone with wide feet tried the vibrams? i'm extremely interested in these, but am afraid that my foot just won't fit in them. i wear a 13-14 (depending on brand and style) which i feel is pretty big for 5-fingers to begin with.

any thoughts? alternatives?

I just got my 5 fingers last Friday, and I generally wear a 13 in other shoes. The sides are generally elastic, and it is the exact fit of your longest toe that should be your main concern in my opinion.

Directly from the website FAQ "DO YOU MAKE WIDTHS?

FiveFingers use a stretch fabric upper that accommodates most medium and wide widths (up to EEE) comfortably, as our business grows we hope to offer more sizing options" (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/technology/faqs.cfm)

Plus their return policy is: "Within 30 business days of the original purchase we will accept returns on clean and unworn FiveFingers* in the complete and original packaging.

-You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 days of our receiving your returned product" (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/Use...nge%20Form.doc)

I think you will be fine. Plus, so far they are great in my opinion, I wish they were considered "Work Appropriate", if they were I would never take them off!

Comment

thank you so much for the reply...as soon as i can get some money together i will definitely be purchasing these. now, to just decide what colors...

Comment

I tend to wear an E or EEE width shoe (11 - 11.5), and the VFF fit me just fine (I have a pair of Mocs and KSO's, and am picking up some Treks this evening).

Comment

I got the KSO with the orange toes!

Can't wait.

Only size 11 though not like you Samsqwuanches.

Don't be a paleotard...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...rn-fat-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

Comment

Good onya

I'm quite small, but have wide feet, and my 5-fingers have never given me an issue. They've never felt weird, they just fit. Once you try them on, you'll know. And if you have to decide what colors, you're lucky-- my area is so sold out that when I found my size, I got them!

Just think of the money you'll save on gym shoes and its worth it.

Little Saiyan

Comment

I normally wear a 14 E shoe. I have the 47's from Vibram (12 inch foot length) and they work great, I have no issues with foot width.
              I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

I wear 16/17 US and am flat footed. I am at the extreme upper end, they only had one style that got close (at the time, I haven't checked since). I had a hard time, as you can tell I'm on the extreme end and my feet were extremely uncomfortable. However, and this is important, the real discomfort is in my massive big toe, not in regard to the width. So wide feet will not be a problem, but if you have naturally massive feet (specifically oddly massive toes) the real discomfort would be in the toes. Judging by your foot size... that is not a problem at all.

I solved my problem by creating slits on either side of both big toes and had my sister create a seam that won't just rip. It made the big toe part a lot more elastic and is now perfect.
                Not done yet...

Comment

Originally posted by magnus84 View Post
                  I solved my problem by creating slits on either side of both big toes and had my sister create a seam that won't just rip. It made the big toe part a lot more elastic and is now perfect.
                  Interesting, I have fat big toes but haven't had any problems

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Originally posted by federkeil View Post
                    Interesting, I have fat big toes but haven't had any problems
                    Remember the part where I wear size 17 US...
                    Not done yet...

Comment

Originally posted by magnus84 View Post
                      Remember the part where I wear size 17 US...
                      yup, I just happen to have fat big toes and was adding information that just because you (reader) have a fat toe doesn't mean you'll be necessarily required to modify the shoe. Obviously 17US is outside of the range for a proper fitting VFF, heck i bought a second pair of classics at the "new" 48 size so I could wear socks with them because the 47's were painful if i wore socks.

Comment

Originally posted by federkeil View Post
                        yup, I just happen to have fat big toes and was adding information that just because you (reader) have a fat toe doesn't mean you'll be necessarily required to modify the shoe. Obviously 17US is outside of the range for a proper fitting VFF, heck i bought a second pair of classics at the "new" 48 size so I could wear socks with them because the 47's were painful if i wore socks.
                        Ah I see the misunderstanding. I wasn't implying the need to modify, I was trying to show that in the worst case scenario it can easily be modified so not to worry. I then thought you were implying I could never have had to modify it. Sorry.
                        Not done yet...

Comment

This is crazy! I would love to see your guys' feet next to mine. I wear a woman's size U.S. 5.5 in shoes. Well, I hardly wear shoes so I guess I mean a 36 in Vibrams.
                          It's weird how people have such different sized feet, irrespective of height and weight. I am 5'7", which is fairly tall.

Comment

My niece wears a size 6 and she loves making fun of me by putting her shoes on and using them as socks to put MY shoes on. I'm only 5'11 so when I wear white shoes it really stands out, but the feet are low profile in dark brown shoes. Most of the men in my family are above 6', most hover around 6'2 so my father and I are the shortest (we're the same height). My fourteen year old niece is 5'10 so... yeah... but I have by far the largest feet in the family.
                            Not done yet...

Comment

Originally posted by ZoŽ View Post
                              This is crazy! I would love to see your guys' feet next to mine. I wear a woman's size U.S. 5.5 in shoes. Well, I hardly wear shoes so I guess I mean a 36 in Vibrams.
                              It's weird how people have such different sized feet, irrespective of height and weight. I am 5'7", which is fairly tall.
                              My wife (also 5'7) can put on her size 8.5's and then put on my shoes with room to spare. FYI I'm 6'7" and have met guys that were 4 inches shorter than me with 16's and a guy who's 7' tall with 13's

Comment

Working...
                              X