The Men Who Made Us Fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Men Who Made Us Fat

BBC - BBC TV blog: The Men Who Made Us Fat: Are you TOFI?

First of a three part series on the BBC which should be available on bbc.co.uk/iplayer if you can get hold of it.
    Our own life is the instrument with which we experiment with the truth.

Ha! They just recommended Primal Blueprint in its barest form! Win.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Leptin gets a mention! Very interesting if you can watch this...

Comment

Couldn't watch, but I did read the text.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

There's a summary of it here: The men who made us fat

Comment

I watched the second half of this programme, can't believe it came on the same day as I joined the MDA forum, it's the primal gods telling me something

I am here to learn, i have a long way to go

Comment

I watched the first 2 episodes on iPlayer last night....very interesting....there is a link on MDA to a PDF of the Yudkin book...pure white and deadly that was mentioned in the section where they were talking about Ancel Keys...see link to relevant thread..Here!!

Comment

I have watched both episodes, and I have really enjoyed them. I think they are interesting because they emphasise that the way food is produced and eaten is less than 50 years old, which is an interesting flip side to us saying we eat like a cave people, that it is basically one big experiment, which does not seem to be going well.

The second episode outlined how super sizing and snacking developed as a norm in the food industry. Snacking was not considered acceptable up to the 70's. So again, one big experiment.
                Life. Be in it.

Comment

I don't think so but it's quite interesting....

amira foods india

Comment

People really get angry if you say they shouldn't snack.

Comment

Shame they postponed the third episode, but I've been really enjoying it so far! Interesting hearing how many attempts to tell the truth have been silenced, and occasionally frustrating watching scientists latch on to one aspect without looking at the bigger picture, but overall a really positive, encouraging bit of reporting. Hurrah for the BBC!
                      Went primal for the weight loss, stayed for the quality of life!

Comment

Working...
                      X