Question on Gokhale method

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Gokhale method

I ordered Esther Gokhale's book in order to attempt to fix my recurring neck issues.

I know I've seen it mentioned a few times on here. I am having trouble with the "stretchsitting," even when I use an appropriate chair.

I think I just don't carry enough fat in my back to sort of "catch" on the top of the chair. Or am I overestimating the amount of "suspension" this is supposed to allow/cause?
    The Champagne of Beards

My husband and I are trying out her method also. I too am having trouble with the stretch sitting but for me I think it's that I don't have the right chair. Has any one tried her stretchsit cushion?
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

She's not fat either, if you check out her Google Talk on youtube. I think it's more of hooking your upper back and/or shoulder blades on the top of the chair or the pad. This means the chair has to be just the right height for you.

I get better results from a modified L-sit position, or from hanging from a pullup bar, as I can do it in chairs that aren't the right height.

Comment

I've tried a few different heights, but I still feel like my back just slides down and doesn't "hook" regardless. I wasn't calling anyone fat, just saying I can't make the little flap of skin shown in the book to hook on the chair.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
        X