No announcement yet.

Sunlight Alarms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went all in and got the Dawn simulator and Day light lamp at http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com...4_detailed.htm I have been happy with the quality of both. The only thing that was weird was one time the bulb was loose and the light flickered weird as the "Sun" came up :-) Overall I have been very happy with it. If it broke I would buy another one, it has really helped me with waking up, and the Daylight lamp has helped with the winter blahs
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

I bought the Naf Naf V3 sunrise lamp (not hard to find on google search) and it has been great, now have a easy wake up at regular time to radio or nature sounds.

I like waking up to natural sun but in the winter when you have to get up before the real sun comes up its great. Had it a few months and no problems cant say how well it will be working a few years from now, - but its just a lamp?!
      www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
        You can make one with a simple light timer and an auto dimming circuit, or a light that takes a while to warm up. I can't vouch for it, since I wake up fine without an alarm, but in theory it should cost about $10-$15 to do it yourself so longevity won't be as much of an issue.
        My grandmother's sunlight alarm is better than yours - it also impregnates the hens.
        A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

If you are frugal with your money, and need to get up at some horrendous hour like I do, I suggest this as an inexpensive alternative:

http://sunraintime.com/

I bought the more expensive on of the two and am pleased with it. I am not affiliated, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

@BMWRider,

I haven't seen those before, thanks for the link, I might get one just for travel. One of the ways I know i like mine is how much i miss it when I am out of town.
            Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

I have found that since I have been sleeping in total darkness, even the faintest dawn light creeping in from behind the curtains (you know, that little telltale "line" of light above the window?) will wake me. I've been regularly getting 9 or more hours of sleep each night and that little light line above the curtains (this morning at 5:30) has been all I need to wake me. I use blackout curtains, so that's all the light that gets in. I used to use a blue-light led sunlight simulator (for people with S.A.D.) that had an alarm, but it wasn't gradual, so once it came on, that was all she wrote.

Comment

I got the Phillips wake up light, and its ok, but I'm too light sensitive, and even with the lowest setting, I wake up immediatley, as soona as it comes on. So it doesn't wake me up gradually at all. It's kind of annoying.
                Carpe Diem!

Comment

I use a lamp with a 60 watt incandescent bulb, but on the far side of the bedroom, with a timer. Sure it comes on all at once, but I don't find it that shocking.

My window also has a street light within view, so I made a big double thickness corduroy curtain, with another flap over the top above the curtain rod.

If you want something dawn-like you could get one of the compact fluorescent "soft white" bulbs which are really very yellow. A very low wattage bulb put on the other side of the room would probably be enough to wake up by.

Comment

Working...
                  X