Divacup/Mooncup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrokON View Post
    I always thought these CANNOT be used with an IUD... So, can they then?

Can you swim with them without them leaking?

How often do they need to be replaced in real life (not according to the manufacturer LOL)

I am considering using this product because my BIGGEST complaint with tampons is when I have to go to the bathroom less than an hour after putting one in, and it is nowhere near ready to come out so it is uncomfortable to take it out... And a shame to waste a tampon just because I had to go to the bathroom.
    They can be used with an IUD. The diva cup doesn't rest against your cervix, it should be lower than that.

I put mine in in the morning shower (helps with "leaking" from residue that might be in there) and take it out before bed. I find it uncomfortable to wear overnight because it pushes on the walls for too many hours. I just wear a pad at night. I LOVE not having to take my purse to the bathroom at work anymore!

Also, why are you taking it out just because you're going to the bathroom? Thats not needed.
    Finally started starting the diet - 5/8/12.

Comment

Tampons are painful and dry me out. Pads are only acceptable at night. Thinking of buying some flannel ones.

I'm seriously considering the Diva Cup. The Softcup freaks me the f*ck right out.
      A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

just bought the Diva cup and some diva cup wash today. fed up with pads. so far so good

Comment

Okay, you all have convinced me.
          Ordering one this week.
          (fingers crossed)
          "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

It does take some getting used to, and I second the person who said she puts hers on in the shower. I do the same.

One thing to note, and this is going to be way, way TMI -- do not forget to flush the toilet if you, um, empty it there. I did this once, and it freaked my husband right the fuck out when he came in to use the bathroom after me. "ARE YOU OKAY???" were his exact words. (It was on an especially heavy day, and the cup was quite full.)

Ah heh heh heh..... -_-
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

LOL the blood in the toilet has scared my husband too. And he freaks out if I leave my cup on the shelf in the shower, he won't even touch it.

I love my DivaCup. Like I said before, it has a money back guarantee and you can take it back to where you bought it, you don't have to ship it back to the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                I don't know how you ladies deal with those things.
                I guess that mutual though. How the heck do you guys deal with having guy parts!? Boobs are bad enough when it comes to keeping things where they belong but guy parts? No thanks!

In short I think we all just get used to our bodies and how to take care of them. And one more reason I love having a cup instead of tampons? I have never been able to see a used tampon without thinking it looked like some kind of dead rodent.
                Brain bleach anyone?

Comment

I think I have finally figured out how to keep my diva cup from leaking.

Firstly, empty it every few hours for the first two days, else it overflows.

Secondly, figure out where exactly my cervix is that day, so I can point the cup at it. Sometimes it's straight back, other times it's off to the left. If I skip this step, I will have leaks for sure.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no leaks this month. I'll be wearing a liner anyway.

Comment

How do you find the cup for more intense physical activity? I'm wondering about it shifting during a WOD and creating a very awkward situation.
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

It sort of suctions in there. I've never had it shift with horseback riding, obstacle courses, heavy lifting etc.

Comment

Cool, good to know! I've been using reusable pads most of the time with organic cotton tampons for workouts, and I've been wondering about a cup as an alternative.
                        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Divacup has saved my sheets! been fighting with pads every month lately trying to position them just right to catch the leaks that KEEP happening! ugh!

this past week, my sheets are mess-free (from my period, anyway, heheeee)!

Comment

Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                            Divacup has saved my sheets! been fighting with pads every month lately trying to position them just right to catch the leaks that KEEP happening! ugh!

this past week, my sheets are mess-free (from my period, anyway, heheeee)!
                            That's so good to hear, from someone who has probably leaked on her sheets for EVERY period since she got hers for the past 10 years. Embarrassing, to say the least. Screw period sex, I need to get me one of these (next month...when I has money ).
                            Depression Lies

Comment

Crikey - I'm going to have to give this a go. How come I've got to nearly 50 and never heard of it? Would save a packet.
                              My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                                How do you find the cup for more intense physical activity? I'm wondering about it shifting during a WOD and creating a very awkward situation.
                                I do CrossFit just fine and it doesn't shift

Comment

Working...
                                X