Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A blog on Paleo pregnancy and raising a paleo child:
    http://www.growinguppaleo.com/

@RobyRey: I got BoBB from the public library. I heard it's available on NetFlix.

Comment

My favorite birth book:
      Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Dr. Sarah Buckley--a fantastic resource with scientific studies on common birth interventions and their risks and the amazing birth stories of her four children--all homebirths, one unassisted and a lotus birth (allowing the cord to drop off naturally.)

My favorite "Primal" birth site: Bornfree

My favorite Pregnancy/Birth video: What Babies Want
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums, although I've followed MDA (and a basically primal lifestyle) for a couple of years now. My husband and I are about to start trying for our first child, and I'm a little bit panicked about dealing with the medical system. Does anyone have any recommendations for good ob/gyns, birthing centers or midwives, pediatricians, etc. in the Jersey City or New York City area? I'm hoping to have a minimal intervention sort of pregnancy and birth, and I don't want to have to fight the doctors in order to do that.

Comment

SarahRingo, I have no specific recs for your area, BUT I would encourage you to look into the possibility of homebirth. If you have a low risk pregnancy it may be the least intervention laden kind of pregnancy and birth possible. I loved having a homebirth w/ an amazing midwife and would recommend to anyone that it's an option worth researching to see if it's right for you! Good luck with everything! Very exciting!!
          My Before/After Pics
          Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Thanks for the response and encouragement!

Comment

You also might want to post a new thread on the topic, and maybe write directly to Dragonfly (above) as she may have some super helpful resources! Good luck again!!! <3

Sondra Rose : Pregnancy Coaching for Conscious Parents |
              My Before/After Pics
              Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Working...
              X