BPA free coconut milk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPA free coconut milk

Just emailed Wilderness Family Naturals concerning coconut milk and cream. They said their packaging does not contain BPA. Just thought you all would like to know. They sell 250mLx24 packs for ~$28. Pretty good price.

If I find any other resources, Ill post those too. Anyone else have any resources?

Aside from making it at home, BPA-less-ness is the next on the tier of stuff preferred (but not always attained) for canned goods.

Have a good day

BPA FREE
    Native Forest
    Wilderness Family Naturals
    Trader Joe's light

HAS BPA:
    A Taste of Thai
    Thai Kitchen
    Mae Ploy
    Chaokoh
    Last edited by Tara tootie; 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

If anyone tries this brand, then please post a review.

Comment

I just bought some from them for the first time and I like it quite a lot. It seems to be a little sweeter than most. They were having a big sale because their shipment had some freezing issue. I figured it really wouldn't effect the milk but my shipment did not seem to be any more or less separated (fat wise) than the Thai stuff I usually buy. Even if it was, you could just throw it in the blender to get the smooth consistency back.

The other thing I bought from Wilderness Family Naturals was mayo and it is great. Makes lovely egg salad. I don't always have time to make my own so this is great.

Comment

A Taste of Thai said they are in BPA safe containers, but not BPA free. So... no.
        Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

I'll check my Weston A. Price shopping guide and see what brands (if any) they have listed, then cross-check to see if those are BPA free. If I recall off the top of my head, I think Native Forest is one?

Comment

Originally posted by Tara tootie View Post
            A Taste of Thai said they are in BPA safe containers, but not BPA free. So... no.
            Yeah, that's unfortunate because I like their coconut milk taste and consistency over almost all other brands. Hopefully they will get with it and stop using the BPA.

Comment

Ill keep adding to the OP so we can keep track.

Comment

Just wanted to mention that I found Native Forest coconut milk at my local Stop and Shop for the first time recently. It's in the natural foods section and is only $1.99/can - way cheaper than I was paying at WF.

Comment

I believe Thai Kitchen also had BPA

Comment

Just ordered Native Forest over Amazon. Love it. It isnt as homogenized as Thai Kitchen but thats a good thing in my mind.

Comment

I finally found some Native Forest here at Superstore, and now I know why people like it so much.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Chaokoh has BPA?? Noooooo, that sucks! Their coconut milk has the most cream in it of any brand I've found. If you put in the fridge to make it separate, it always has at least 2 full inches of cream on top.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Since I live in the land of Wal-Mart, and am currently between jobs/careers, I've been buying Golden Star coconut milk there. I figured it likely had BPA but was at least happy it was simply coconut and water. Out of curiosity I did a quick search. Turns out it is BPA free!

Golden Star | Facebook

Screen Shot 2012-02-19 at 5.07.08 PM.png

Comment

Tara - I was excited to see the TJ's coconut milk as BPA free but checked the can - doesn't mention a thing about it. It's such a big buzz topic these days, companies seem to be jumping on the bandwagon of calling it out. Wondering why they are not. Did you contact TJ's about it? Just curious - it's a staple in my house, mainly because it is so inexpensive.

Comment

Working...
                            X