Great new product - Trader Joe's coconut oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great new product - Trader Joe's coconut oil

Trader Joe's just started carrying coconut oil so I thought I'd give it a try. So yummy! It's organic and virgin, so has all the yummy coconut taste. And it was only $5.99 for a 16 oz. jar. Way less expensive than what I'm used to paying. It's going to do my wallet some good considering how much coconut oil I eat in a week!

Awesome, that's about half the price I have been paying for the jars I think. I'll be looking out for that at my local store, thanks!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

I saw it in the health and beauty aids section.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I've been using Golden Barrel Coconut Oil from a local farmers market, the nearest Trader Joe's is about 45 minutes away. This weekend I was out of town and happened to drive by a Trader Joe's so I stopped in just to check it out. They had their brand coconut oil and I realized I didn't bring any with me so I bought a jar for my morning coffee. Turns out, I don't like Trader Joe's brand at all. It's got a strong coconut taste to it, makes my coffee taste nasty. I haven't used it for cooking or anything else yet, but the other brand didn't have any flavor to it. I like getting all the fat without the coconut flavor, which I hate.

Comment

You're right - it does have a strong coconut taste to it (that's what I love). Many of them do, but some of them taste burnt to me, which this one doesn't.

Most of the virgin coconut oils do taste pretty strong. As far as I know it's the refined ones that are flavorless.

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread42446.html

Comment

My cheap coconut oil source used to be the deKalbs Farmers Market in Atlanta. Every time my brother would come to town, he would bring it up for me. I was using for lotion and skin care at the time. The TJ's brand is almost as cheap and I've started using for food now too... just became primal 2 months ago. Shared with my primal brother of 2 years and my mom too - she has psorasis... supposed to be wonderful for that.

Comment

I like TJ's coconut oil as a moisturizer, or just to eat off the spoon or put in my coffee. Only one of the 2 stores in my area sells it. It's pretty good stuff.
                Georgette

Comment

I was so exited when I saw this product at Trader Joes, it is about half the price of other coconut oils sold in my small town, a great deal. I LOVE it... just made the best Trader Joes granola recipe with it, I think it has an amazing flavor. Sweet potato fries baked in coconut oil are delicious too!

Comment

I'll have to make a field trip, but not before making one to New Season's . I've heard nothing but good things about the latter.
                    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Whoa, that's a great price! There's a trader joe's not too far from me - I'll havr to get some and checkmit out. And I'm with you, Jenn, I really love a strong coconut taste in my coconut oil.
                      || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
                      My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
                      AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

Comment

Working...
                      X