Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a book by jack kruse & mark sisson?

THE PRIMAL PRINCIPLES OF OPTIMAL LIVING - Jack Kruse

please tell me this isn't true. mark, please! jack kruse? oy vey.

It would be interesting to see which standpoint prevails:

S: It's all about insulin
    K: It's all about leptin

The Leptin Rx thing is certainly compatible with the PB, but I wonder how they're going to reconcile the fundamental differences when it comes to "how/why does it work".
    MikeEnRegalia's Blog - Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and other stuff ;-)

Comment

i find jack kruse's writing to be rambling, incoherent, self-indulgent, and error-laden at best. emperor's new clothes, if you ask me.

at least mark could edit the thing and make sense out of it. with effort!

kruse's leptin prescription is scientific hocum. the recommendation to eat a larger, high protein, low carb breakfast is a great one for people trying to lose weight, but 'reseting' your leptin sounds like a joke to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
        i find jack kruse's writing to be rambling, incoherent, self-indulgent, and error-laden at best. emperor's new clothes, if you ask me.

at least mark could edit the thing and make sense out of it. with effort!

kruse's leptin prescription is scientific hocum. the recommendation to eat a larger, high protein, low carb breakfast is a great one for people trying to lose weight, but 'reseting' your leptin sounds like a joke to me.
        +1. I imagined Mark would keep better company.

Comment

... but 'reseting' your leptin sounds like a joke to me.
          And "eat meat because that's what Grok would do", isn't?

Comment

Did you guys read that article? I think it says a lot about Kruse's thought process. He's a scientist/doctor and thinks like one. That post is kind of his "eye-opener" moment when he realized he could be a creative person. I think that may improve his writing and posts overall. Look at how well that one was structured, for instance! Anyway, books go through a lot of editing, so I'm sure all t he punctuation will be adjusted then

I'm very curious about what they might be writing about though... I would definitely give it a look.
            Depression Lies

Comment

Jakey, the leptin reset works and I am proof of that. Without the reset, I would still have high fasting glucose levels, high BP and hi cholesterol if I did just regular old primal eating. Following the reset does truly help. I lost 20 lbs in 9 weeks with it.
              Georgette

Comment

THE PRIMAL PRINCIPLES OF OPTIMAL LIVING - Jack Krusei find jack kruse's writing to be rambling, incoherent, self-indulgent, and error-laden at best.
                You're not alone. Just know you are *so* not alone.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I wonder how they're going to reconcile the fundamental differences when it comes to "how/why does it work".
                  What's to reconcile? It's not either/or. Neither leptin nor insulin work in a closed system. Both Mark and Jack know that a system out of balance is not optimal, both seem to be sincere in their desire to help people gain optimal.

Resetting leptin is a misnomer because it's not just about the hormone leptin, as following the program also lowers insulin levels, helps to balance other hormones, teaches one how to monitor lab and micro nutrient levels, emphasizes the importance of restorative sleep and so on. It is not a program for people already in good shape just wanting to live a primal lifestyle. It's more for those who still have a ways to go and have developed some health issues, their problems go deeper than how are they going to achieve that sixpack in the next 3 months.
                  There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
                  Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
                    You're not alone. Just know you are *so* not alone.
                    Just wanted to say it's good to see you posting again, Cillakat!
                    Lifting Journal

Comment

MS: 80/20 rule! Skip breakfast if you feel like it! Don't stress if you cheat! I want to reach millions of people and get them off grains and bad oils! Sprint on the beach and play in the sun!

JK: Do not eat tomatoes. You must eat within 30 minutes of waking. You must NOT cheat or that's two weeks wasted. You must keep trying coconut oil even if you think you're allergic. You must never skip breakfast. You must always skip lunch. You must exercise only at certain times of the day.

I'm not sure the two men could stand to be in the same room together, much less write a book.
                      5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

^Hey now, Kruse's protocol isn't a for life thing, it's a recovery thing. Are tomatoes even part of it? Plus that's not so absurd, some people are sensitive to nightshades. That's a pretty restricted way to view Kruse's ideas for leptin sensitivity. I'm pretty sure he's on board with Sisson's concepts if you AREN'T leptin resistant.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

THE PRIMAL PRINCIPLES OF OPTIMAL LIVING - Jack Kruse

please tell me this isn't true. mark, please! jack kruse? oy vey.
                          This may be old news by now, but there will be no Kruse/Sission collaboration. I've heard two versions of the story. In the first, there was NEVER a formal book agreement between the two, despite what Kruse said/believed. In the second version, Sisson terminated the book deal after receiving an incoherent first draft. Either way, I'm glad Mark Sisson gets to preserve his reputation.

Comment

Yeah, I read on CS's blog that Mark was distancing himself from Jack. This was amidst blog posts about the stupidity of injecting MRSA and probability that Jack is doing some stretching of the truth on what he claims to have been doing recently with ice baths and that MRSA stunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracil View Post
                              Yeah, I read on CS's blog that Mark was distancing himself from Jack. This was amidst blog posts about the stupidity of injecting MRSA and probability that Jack is doing some stretching of the truth on what he claims to have been doing recently with ice baths and that MRSA stunt.
                              Who's CS?

Also: thwew. Not saying the leptin reset doesn't work. But Kruse is cracking under the strain of keeping his audience, and some of what he's doing now is just plain dangerous. Assuming he's actually doing it.
                              Steph
                              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                              X