Most minimal minimalist shoes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most minimal minimalist shoes

I was denied service today for the first time for being barefoot.

I'm looking for the most basic shoe

Wrap some string around your ankle and big toe. Simulated sandels.
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
      Wrap some string around your ankle and big toe. Simulated sandels.
      One of my mates suggested that I simply enter the store's restroom and wrap my feet with their paper towels, but I'm not that ballsy

Comment

The practice shoes dancers wear have enough sole to be "shoes" and roll up into pretty compact balls, could be tossed into a pocket to be ready to slip on as needed. http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/245...ance_shoes.jpg and they should be available in mens sizes, although maybe not in hot pink.

Comment

Maybe those paper hospital booties that are supposed to go over shoes?

What is the rationale behind "no shoes" anyway - is it considered unhygienic?
          My True Primal Story

Comment

I think it's to keep people for suing for foot punctures if the store has sharps on the floor that haven't been cleared away yet. E.g. from someone dropping and breaking a jar.

Comment

Biggest challenge to finding minimalist shoes: they all look really, really stupid. I've been wearing water shoes for 5 weeks now, and I look dumb as can be. You get used to it, but I really wish they would work on the designs...

Comment

End the entire controversy and wear Crocks shoes. IMO, these are the VERY BEST minimalist shoes and are far less expensive.
                Feather weight, rugged and breathes easy. Give your feet a TREAT instead of a treatment.

Crocs

Grizz

Comment

Grizz crocs are ok but their soles are really thick. Part of the minimalist appeal is being as close to barefoot as possible.
                  Primal Chaos
                  37yo 6'5"
                  current 338lbs 49" waist
                  goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Huaraches Barefoot Running Sandals of the Tarahumara Indians | InvisibleShoe.com

Comment

Wow! That's pretty much just what I was looking for, and the price is right thanks!

I'll also look into practice dance shoes

Comment

Crocs have to much lift for me after months of VFF's and wearing Merrell tough gloves for work.
                        Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

Originally posted by ib4student View Post
                          Wow! That's pretty much just what I was looking for, and the price is right thanks!
                          would be easier to just tie some string around your feet lol
                          Primal Chaos
                          37yo 6'5"
                          current 338lbs 49" waist
                          goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                            End the entire controversy and wear Crocks shoes. IMO, these are the VERY BEST minimalist shoes and are far less expensive.
                            Feather weight, rugged and breathes easy. Give your feet a TREAT instead of a treatment.
                            Well except for the thick sole, arch support and closed toe box.... oh wait. Thats what we are trying to avoid in minimalist shoes! Not to mention I think crocs might be one of the top shoes on my list of 'shoes that look sillier that five fingers'. They are right up there with those huge chunky soled 'fitness' shoes that people can wobble around on.

And folks should check this out too. Not a super minimal shoe but a dress shoe that takes into account the desire for a flat, un arch supporting, open toe box shoe! Pretty cool.
                            Primal dress shoes

Comment

luna sandals. i LOVE mine
                              Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

Comment

Working...
                              X