Aspartame - Sweet, sweet poison?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspartame - Sweet, sweet poison?!

If you are still using 'diet' products and are allowing yourself to be in denial about it being potentially harmful, take a look at this video. It is long, but interesting.

I had diet coke on holiday, even though I knew better. Now I feel stupid for drinking it (and eating the rolls, breakfast cereal, etc.)....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20world&hl=en#

Here's one of many articles from mercola.com.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/13/Artificial-Sweeteners-More-Dangerous-than-You-Ever-Imagined.aspx

They are worse than sugar.

Comment

Having a half-time break

Thanks for the link!

The pronunciation of "aspartame" is bugging me though, one of those "separated by a common language" quirks!

Comment

Thankfully, I kicked the diet soda to the curb a while ago

Then I bought one in the airport last week because my layover was like 5 hours, drank maybe 1/3 of the can, and ended up throwing the rest out because it made me feel sick and didn't even taste that good.

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

Diet coke gives me heartburn.

How do you pronounce Aspartame the right way by the way? I don't think I actually heard it. I always read it.

Comment

Hmm, I didn't know I was potentially mispronouncing it.

Ass-par-tame

Right?

Comment

UK it seems to be ass-par-ta-ME... dunno why! (emphasis on the "par")

Comment

Here's the pronunciation from 'Miriam Webster', which is the way I've always said it: http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-b....wav=aspartame

Comment

I don't have sound at work

Is it something like this - a'sparteim?

Comment

I used to pronounce it ass-puhr-tuh-me until I starte dhearing native speakers here and now pronounce it ass-puhr-tame

Comment

Chocolate Chip, it's like this ass-purr-tame.

Comment

I can't believe that when I was a child I would eat equal strait out of the packet...gross!

Comment

I never liked diet drinks, or any juice with it in - it dried my mouth out and made me more thirsty than I was to begin with!

However, learned to tolerate it sadly. Not helped by manky tasting tap water!

Can live quite happily without now, but it's hidden in a lot of random foods...

Comment

I didn't watch it, but I watched the MSG one on the side. Freaking scary stuff man.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                            ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Aspartame Renamed AminoSweet

I can personally attest that aspartame is a poison to be avoided at all costs. I guess that also applies to AminoSweet, as reported in Natural News:

In response to growing awareness about the dangers of artificial sweeteners, what does the manufacturer of one of the world’s most notable artificial sweeteners do? Why, rename it and begin marketing it as natural, of course. This is precisely the strategy of Ajinomoto, maker of aspartame, which hopes to pull the wool over the eyes of the public with its rebranded version of aspartame, called “AminoSweet”.

Over 25 years ago, aspartame was first introduced into the European food supply. Today, it is an everyday component of most diet beverages, sugar-free desserts, and chewing gums in countries worldwide. But the tides have been turning as the general public is waking up to the truth about artificial sweeteners like aspartame and the harm they cause to health. The latest aspartame marketing scheme is a desperate effort to indoctrinate the public into accepting the chemical sweetener as natural and safe, despite evidence to the contrary.
                              Poisonous Sweetener Aspartame Renamed AminoSweet | Disinformation

Grizz
                              Last edited by Grizz; 11-21-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X