Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack

Hi everyone,

I'm Marc, and I created PaleoTrack, a food journal designed for The Primal Blueprint and the Paleo Diet. I've noticed that a few people in the forums are using my tool (thank you) and I was hoping you could give me some feedback here.

Do you prefer it over FitDay or the other food journals? What features would you like added, removed, or improved?

A little background about me: I discovered PB 2 years ago through the blog. Eventually, I bought Mark's book and completely changed my diet and lifestyle. Although I once was 50 lbs overweight, when I started PB I was only 15 lbs overweight and I was more interested in improving my chronic illnesses, like daily headaches, "gut problems", joint pain, brain fog, and energy crashes. Today I'm illness-free, 15 lbs lighter, and haven't felt this healthy in my whole life (I'm 36).

Before creating PaleoTrack, I used FitDay and was annoyed with its speed and its conventional wisdom advice. I hated seeing my saturated fat and cholesterol in the red zone every day! I wanted an equivalent tool that would instead tell me what interests me: Did I avoid poisonous things? Is my omega-6 to omega-3 ratio healthy?

If you haven't tried PaleoTrack, please do so (it's free) and give me your feedback. It's designed for us, so I want to continue improving it for our needs.

Thanks, and keep Groking it!
    I created PaleoTrack - A Food Journal Designed for The Primal Blueprint

seems pretty cool, thanks!
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

I like it, a lot. A couple of ideas...

I like to track what I eat and not necessarily have to have nutrient values, it would be nice to have this as an option.

It would be nice if you could copy "a meal" from 1 day to another, if for example I eat dinner leftovers for breakfast.

the ability to review a week at a time would be nice, or to be able to compare selected days over time.

the ability to include your days movements.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

oh, and maybe the ability to check the nutrient content of a recipe?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Hey crogagon I'm just trying, it seems pretty easy. Will let you know.
          thanks DBM

Comment

Just started using it today...I'm a long time fit day user.........have to say I like the simplicity of PaleoTrack, as with all these trackers they are regional and you will need take the time to set up products for your individual use.........
            Be nice to eventualy see it as a Smart fone client too....

Thanks for your hard work, makes our lives much easier.

John.

Comment

I'm also loving it! Keep up the good work! I'm never going to use fitday again.

Comment

Had not heard of the site but I immediately went there to enter this morning's breakfast and wow! Thank you! So glad to have found this.

Comment

I rarely track but I tried it and am highly impressed. I will need to futz with it more to come up with ideas, but I will definitely be using it.
                  I love the o36 ratio and the breakdown of the fatty acids under each micro type. However, it would be AWESOME if you could correlate the fatty acid to a name, rather than just the nomenclature (num:num) that is used. I am mostly wondering about stearic and palmitic acid but knowing all others would be great as well.
                  And as was said before, a smart phone app that syncs with it would be great. I would pay for the ability to sync between the two.
                  People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I'm working on the next update to incorporate some of these requests. Please help spread the word to your friends.

Thanks.

Marc

Comment

Nice, just tried it out. I can think of a few changes that would certainly improve the user experience.

For one, it would be nice to build a list of "favorite foods" that you tend to eat frequently, secondly, the ability to enter and store recipes would be nice - it's rather tedious to enter all of the ingredients for some meals.

Maybe a longer term improvement would be a coaching function - after the analysis is complete, maybe suggest some changes to balance the diet, based on a user supplied goal.

Great work, thanks!
                      "But the question is, are you going to die sitting on the sofa - or doing something interesting?"
                      - Robert Ward

"Kharma means I can rest easy at night, knowing all those people I treated badly today really had it coming!"

Comment

I haven't actually gone in and used it yet, but if you haven't included BMI and a weight-tracker, then thats an idea. People like me, who are actually trying to lose weight, like to be able to track our losses with nice grapcs to match.

Great work by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Emewassamlida
                          Очень интересно, как в городах России, а особенности Европы складывается ситуация. Чистят ли у Вас зимой улицы? Убирают ли снег? Скалывают ли лед? Чем посыпают снег, особенно интересен европейский пример.

ОЧень жду ответов.
                          И очень прошу, указывайте пожалуйста Ваш город.
                          That feature is in the next release.
                          People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarianVX View Post
                            That feature is in the next release.
                            Whoa there... don't promise features I can't deliver. That one looks complicated!

Comment

I'm glad I saw this. I was thinking about tracking my food for a couple weeks for the first time in over a year, but couldn't stand the thought of opening up FitDay again. Glad to have an alternative that fits my goals! I'll share feedback when I can. Thanks for putting this together!

Comment

Working...
                              X