No announcement yet.

New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tried it and LOVE IT! thanks for doing this!

Comment

Originally posted by kahiba View Post
      Thank you so much for spending the time to create this very useful tool. Just one question. I make my own yoghurt and the calcium per 100g is 182.7mg. How would I find out what % that is. The database read it as 182.7%. It would probably be useful, at least to me, to be able to enter the nutrients as a measurement and let the database do the percentages if that's possible. Thank you.
      Also how do I add a VitaminD3 capsule. I tried to make it a custom food but it doesn't change the intake value in my journal.
      Wow, you make your own yogurt? Nice, could you ship me some?

When creating a custom food, select the option "I want to enter individual nutrients.". This will allow you to enter any macro/micro nutrient, in either weight or DV%.

As for the Vitamin D3, I've encountered that problem too. You have to also fill-in the value for "Vitamin D"; that's the value that is displayed in the journal. I'll fix that bug soon.
      I created PaleoTrack - A Food Journal Designed for The Primal Blueprint

Comment

I would if I could but unless you live just down the road I don't think it would make the distance.

Thanks for the site help. I also second the earlier request for a sodium counter. No pressure, .
        Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
        Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

I just started with PB about 3 weeks ago (with a couple of cheat days over the holidays...nonetheless down 5 lbs total) and just stumbled across this thread today in an effort to make it easier for me to know the breakdown of protein, fat, and carb intake in my diet. Thanks for posting this, just entered my breakfast and love all the info I'm getting!
          25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
          "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
          Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Comment

Really liking it, especially the breakdown of vitamins e.t.c.

I've got a few suggestions
            1) Any chance of rather than having a long list having it split into sections e.g. breakfast, lunch e.t.c maybe customisable.
            2) If the above is possible then having a breakdown pie chart for each section as well as the total would be nice
            3) Being able to click on an item in your journal and bring up the nutritional information for that item (yes I know I can just search for it again but I'm lazy)

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Great tool. Thank you so much for making it available.

Comment

Checked it out seemed pretty good except there is no way to add supplements like Fish Oil pills or Vitamins etc. Unless I just am doing it wrong.

Comment

You need to create a custom food for supplements Renobiker.

Comment

Tried this for the first time today - I think it is really great. I particularly like the breakdown of vitamins and minerals so I can see what needs topping up (or cutting down!) as and when. Thanks very much for taking the time and effort to get this resource up and running.

Comment

• Loved it!!! Thank you so much for creating such a great tool. No more FitDay for me

Comment

• Just discovered this! So awesome! Will track for a few days then definitely provide any feedback that hasn't already been covered

Great job!
                        Buzz71
                        Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
                        Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
                        Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
                        My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

• Only thing keeping me from tracking my food (on PaleoTrack or elsewhere) is that it takes atleast twice as long to track the food than it does to EAT the food I'm tracking.

I remember posting here saying that I'd like to type a human language interface, but an easier to implement alternative would be:

Search: 2 eggs

Brings up this page with the first search result.
                          Now, you'll notice that page is for powdered eggs. Instead of having the list of search results in the previous page, the search results could be in a drop-down menu, that way you could simply pick the correct one.

Drop down menus could be like this:
                          I ate [ quantity ] [ search results ] [ serving unit (updates depending on what you pick for 'search result') ]
                          (new line so that the above drop-down menus fits) [ day ] { Add to journal button } { Add to favorites button }

Yes, yes?
                          Last edited by abstractpersona; 01-10-2012, 11:06 AM.
                          My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
                          Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Comment

• Originally posted by abstractpersona View Post
                            Search: 2 eggs

Brings up this page with the first search result.
                            Now, you'll notice that page is for powdered eggs. Instead of having the list of search results in the previous page, the search results could be in a drop-down menu, that way you could simply pick the correct one.

Drop down menus could be like this:
                            I ate [ quantity ] [ search results ] [ serving unit (updates depending on what you pick for 'search result') ]
                            (new line so that the above drop-down menus fits) [ day ] { Add to journal button } { Add to favorites button }

Yes, yes?
                            Yes, yes, I love it!

I'll see what I can do.
                            I created PaleoTrack - A Food Journal Designed for The Primal Blueprint

Comment

• I need to take a look at this when I get back on the ship; consider this a note to myself.
                              About Me | Journal: "Grok: Deployed"
                              "Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James Mattis

Comment

• I entered a custom food but made an error and want to delete it. Trouble is I can't find how to do it.
                                Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
                                Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

Working...
                                X