New food journal tool for PB - PaleoTrack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBrawny View Post
    You might also want to work on the search result filtering. If i search for "butterleaf lettuce" i get nothing. If i search for just "lettuce" then one of the returned results is "Lettuce, butterleaf". I should have been able to find it using the first search term.
    I was scared for a second there, but I just checked, and there is no butterleaf lettuce in the database. If I search for "lettuce" or "butterhead lettuce" I find "Lettuce, butterhead". But there is no butterleaf lettuce in the database.
    I created PaleoTrack - A Food Journal Designed for The Primal Blueprint

Comment

D'oh. My bad. Perhaps then some "similar item" results for those of use who fatfinger the search terms?

Comment

I'm finding that my O6:O3 ratios are off due to not being able to enter items that are grass fed or pastured except for beef. Do I need to enter these in as a custom food? If so, does anyone have a resource that I could use to estimate O6:O3 ratios for these foods?

Comment

Originally posted by jennf View Post
          I'm finding that my O6:O3 ratios are off due to not being able to enter items that are grass fed or pastured except for beef. Do I need to enter these in as a custom food? If so, does anyone have a resource that I could use to estimate O6:O3 ratios for these foods?
          Unfortunately, there is very little information out there (I've looked). But, I'm still searching and if I do find enough data, I will be adding all the grass-fed varieties of beef.

However, I'm afraid people will get a nasty surprise that grass-fed beef is not a good source of omega-3. It is healthier, more humane, and better for the environment, but there's still more omega-6 than omega-3, so if you eat nuts, avocados, or other sources of omega-6, grass-fed beef won't be enough to bring down your ratio, you'll have to eat fish or supplement with fish oil.

Comment

Love it! Thank you!

Comment

Awesome. Just one tip: have it auto refresh when you change the quantity of an item. Other than that it's great! Thanks!
              Primal since September, 2011
              LeanGains IF
              -----
              Conquer your own world and become the leader of your own life
              Inner Gladiator

How To Never Get Sick (And Add 72,000 Hours To Your Life)

Comment

I just tracked today and yesterday. Tons of data, Could I suggest if it's available Omega ratios for pastured eggs and butter?
                Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

Also SO delicious coconut milk beverage would be nice to include. I like to drink it in the morning to wash down eggs even though it isn't as primal as pure coconut milk

Comment

PaleoTrack does have coconut milk, but if you want to add your specific brand, you can add it yourself: http://paleotrack.com/foods/custom

As for pastured eggs and grass-fed beef and butter, I wish I had access to the nutrition data so I could add them to the database. But, unfortunately, there are only a few reports that mention a few of the differences, but not a complete nutrition breakdown.

If anyone finds complete nutrition data on pastured eggs and grass-fed beef and butter, please forward it to me and I will gladly add it for everyone.

Comment

Thanks, I gfound the add your own food app last night.

Comment

THANKS! This is great, of course there are some suggestions, alot have already been posted here, but this alone is a great tool and I have used several online posting sites for many years.

Comment

Hi, great tool. Thanks.

Suggestion: There should be information about raw exclusively grass fed dairy products. I entered the butter I ate and the app started giving me dire warnings about my O3:O6 ratio as if it were CAFO butter.

ETA: Oops sorry, I just read the entry above about this. I had gone right from page one to here. I hope you find that data. Until grass fed pastured and organic varieties of dairy, meats, and eggs are included, it's not really very "Paleo".
                          Last edited by Paleobird; 12-08-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Hi! This is an awesome tool, I just started using it yesterday. One suggestion for the interface: it would be great to be able to click on a food that's in your journal and see its nutritional information. Right now, you can see the nutritional info when you select a food to add to your journal, but not after you've already done it. It would be a handy thing, when looking back at your day's food intake.

Comment

Originally posted by crogagnon View Post
                              PaleoTrack does have coconut milk, but if you want to add your specific brand, you can add it yourself: Food journal for the Paleo Diet - PaleoTrack

As for pastured eggs and grass-fed beef and butter, I wish I had access to the nutrition data so I could add them to the database. But, unfortunately, there are only a few reports that mention a few of the differences, but not a complete nutrition breakdown.

If anyone finds complete nutrition data on pastured eggs and grass-fed beef and butter, please forward it to me and I will gladly add it for everyone.
                              This site Eat Wild - Health Benefits has some info that might be helpful in building your database.

Comment

Thank you so much for spending the time to create this very useful tool. Just one question. I make my own yoghurt and the calcium per 100g is 182.7mg. How would I find out what % that is. The database read it as 182.7%. It would probably be useful, at least to me, to be able to enter the nutrients as a measurement and let the database do the percentages if that's possible. Thank you.
                                Also how do I add a VitaminD3 capsule. I tried to make it a custom food but it doesn't change the intake value in my journal.
                                Last edited by kahiba; 12-15-2011, 02:38 PM. Reason: add on
                                Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
                                Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

Working...
                                X