Best iPhone App for Carb Counting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best iPhone App for Carb Counting?

Just checking in to see if you have found a good iPhone app for counting carbs. I have myFitnessPal, could be better. I know FitDay has one, but it does not have great reviews.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Have you checked out daily burn?
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Sanofi-Aventis launched an iPhone application aimed at helping diabetics count calories on the go.

Comment

thanks, I'll check out daily burn.
        Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Comment

I find the my fitness pal iPhone app very quick and easy to use, however the community is clueless ... sorry if that sounds mean. Raging screaming debaters. I avoid them.
          Original wt: 375, Current, 246
          Total weight lost, 130 pounds (Took 2 years)
          Weight lost first week of low carb, 7.1 pounds
          Current: Deadlift 450, Bench 255, Squat 365, Run 4 miles daily, boxing and conditioning work
          Goals: Deadlift 502 (5 plates a side with bar), Bench 312 (3 plates/bar) squat 402 (4 plates/bar), run 10 miles, bw 200 lbs
          Cows have 4 stomachs to make grass digestible, we have one stomach to make cows digestible, and with that, neither can eat grain and become healthy!

Comment

I use Carb Manager. I like it. Easy to use and a big database. Lets you set your own goals, record weights, graphs progress and history.

Comment

I use Lose It. This one is for free but I believe it has everything that I needed.

Comment

I have been using Calorie Counter, although I'm not counting calories. There is a display of total daily carbs, fat, protein and calories that keeps a running total throughout the day, which makes it a lot easier to see at a glance, and track the information you are looking for. There is also a bar code scanner like MyFitnessPal, and the data base is pretty extensive. I was trying to find an app to track my carbs too, but all the apps like MyFitnessPal and several others that I've used or checked into are based on a calorie count and they make it difficult to see your daily total carb intake at a glance (which is what you were asking for in the first place). Although Calorie Counter is based on calories, it displays a carb count the best, has the best data base of foods and exercise (besides MyFitnessPal), and is easy to use. I hope this helps!

Comment

I use FatSecret. The website is easy to use too and the two sync well so you can easily update your foods at your computer or on your phone. You can set it to track net carbs easily.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

I like MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM
                    they have apps for everything, ipad/iphone/android/windows 8.

found they have a bigger range than the other sites.

Comment

I use MyFitnessPal and you can adjust and track carbs. I've been using it for several years to maintain after a 60 lb loss. Lately, I've just been eating with no counting and listening to my body. New to the forum but been Primal 3+ years!

Comment

Fitness pal is great.

But of course it is loaded with CW and permanently tracks against 55% carbs and a buttload of sugar as the target. Wow what great advice for people interested in their health!

They should really let people set their target macros to something more healthy.

Comment

If you don't mind my asking; why would you want to?
                          Surely the beauty of paleo/primal is simplicity and no need to count or measure anything?

Comment

Even though you don't have to count everything I find it interesting and educational to study how ones body reacts when changing variables.

Comment

Do you know any carb counter for windows phone 8 ?
                              Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Comment

Working...
                              X