EFT for Food Cravings (video)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFT for Food Cravings (video)

Some of you have seen me mention EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, aka "tapping") as a tool to eliminate food cravings. As a EFT practitioner, I have seen & experienced the quick results possible with tapping.

Here's a great video showing a demo of EFT for food cravings:
    www.thetappingexperience.com
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-15-2011, 11:48 AM.
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Ok I'll say it first: this is weird. If anybody has a problem "get the f out of my life"

It does sound interesting as a technique, but what if you can't link certain food cravings to something that happened in your life?
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
      Ok I'll say it first: this is weird. If anybody has a problem "get the f out of my life"

It does sound interesting as a technique, but what if you can't link certain food cravings to something that happened in your life?
      LOL! Yes, tapping is wierd!

Not all food cravings are caused by something emotional, for sure! However, if you have addressed physical stuff (nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances) and aren't getting anywhere, then EFT is a way to discover and clear whatever emotional stuff might be causing/contributing to the food craving.

It won't hurt, if you are willing to try it, Iniquity. Sometimes tapping for awhile helps me to access the real reason for my issue, even if it isn't obvious right away.

I cleared my lifelong asthma with EFT. I had tried changing my diet, improving my nutrition, all sorts of alternative therapies and nothing else worked.
      Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-15-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
        LOL! Yes, tapping is wierd!

Not all food cravings are caused by something emotional, for sure! However, if you have addressed physical stuff (nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances) and aren't getting anywhere, then EFT is a way to discover and clear whatever emotional stuff might be causing/contributing to the food craving.

It won't hurt, if you are willing to try it, Iniquity. Sometimes tapping for awhile help me to access the real reason for my issue, even if it isn't obvious right away.

I cleared my lifelong asthma with EFT. I had tried changing my diet, improving my nutrition, all sorts of alternative therapies and nothing else worked.
        I might look up more stuff on it. As of right now I don't know what aspect of my life it would be of use for. You never know though! It's wild that it helped your asthma...

Link me up to a how-to or intro that you trust?
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I recently saw an EFT practioner, and in one hour it was as if I had a year's worth of therapy! It turns out that my sugar addiction was due to all kinds of crap that happened in my childhood. EFT is an amazing modality, and the best thing about it, is it doesnt take years to work. I recommend it to anyone who has addictions, phobias or childhood issues. It SEEMS crazy, and I wouldnt do any tapping in front of co-workers, but the results speak for themselves. 50 years worth of issues gone in just a couple of sessions.

Give it a try, if you are struggling with an addiction! It sure beats years and years of traditional therapy.

Comment

DF, this made me cry. I have been Primal almost 11 months, but still having problems with binge days a few times a month. I've lessened them with supplements and PMS relief techniques. Recently though I've been back to bingeing every night. Why am I losing it? I think My Mom is losing her battle with cancer among other major stress factors in my life right now.

There is a new business in town that teaches EFT. I think I'll go check them out.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

EFT is great. I've had great success with it in a number of areas of my life including serious trauma and phobias. Not had such grea success with food issues but then I was eating a high carb diet when i was doing it. I guess that's like cleaning your kitchen floor each morning then tramping in with muddy boots 6 times a day! It's not going to work. I definitely have emotional issues around food so now that I am on a better diet it should be easier to clear them.
              My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

I second the effectiveness of EFT. I use it with my developmentally challenged 18 year old son to address anger issues, anxiety and serious negative self-image. The underlying message of all EFT, loving yourself, is so valuable to him and I can help him rescue himself from rage situations. I haven't tried it to address food issues myself, but I can attest to it's power.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                  I might look up more stuff on it. As of right now I don't know what aspect of my life it would be of use for. You never know though! It's wild that it helped your asthma...

Link me up to a how-to or intro that you trust?
                  I've personally used it for fear of public speaking, anxiety, money issues, sleep issues, allergies. I've helped clients with chronic depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue, pregnancy fears & nausea, money issues, relationship issues, serious illness and more.

EFT Universe is a good place. You can do a search on your issues to find articles. Free downloadable manual--but I would stick to videos for brevity's sake.

Tapping.com has good how-to videos.
                  Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-15-2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                    DF, this made me cry. I have been Primal almost 11 months, but still having problems with binge days a few times a month. I've lessened them with supplements and PMS relief techniques. Recently though I've been back to bingeing every night. Why am I losing it? I think My Mom is losing her battle with cancer among other major stress factors in my life right now.

There is a new business in town that teaches EFT. I think I'll go check them out.
                    I'm so sorry about your Mom, Pebbles. I hope that EFT can bring you some peace.

If the folks in town don't work out, pm me & we can find a practitioner who can work with you.

Comment

Huh. I have never heard of this before. It sounds like the placebo effect to me TBH, but hey, if it works for people, it works. I won't knock it.
                      Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

I've done a little tapping before, not as much for emotional eating issues but for some other stuff. It does seem to work, weird as it looks. Do you tap every day or "as needed"?

Comment

Both! Take a look at the articles on the main EFT site for some inspiration!

Comment

Yay tapping! I love it so much, it is steadily transforming my life and the lives of my loved ones. I am more focused, am completing more tasks, and making better decisions, than ever before. I can see nowhere to go but up, as long as I keep on tapping as needed.

I first learned about it thru Dragonfly, so I must again say THANK YOU for introducing it to me. I spent months studying the website you link to. I do love the stories of people healing. I have since moved from that EFT style, to what is called Faster EFT. Faster EFT.com - The official website of Robert G. Smith, creator of FasterEFT I have found it to be extremely efficient, easy to learn and operate, and more streamlined and logical than some of Gary Craig's concepts. Have you checked it out?

If any of you want to see some heartfelt, true life testimonial videos from people, you can see here: Testimonials | <-- people have freed themselves from things like: decades of severe back pain, fibromyalgia, chronic depression, social anxiety, chronic sleeplessness, any kind of phobia, etc.

Robert Smith provides over four hundred (and counting) self-help vids on HealingMagic&#39;s Channel - YouTube I am currently saving to become trained in FasterEFT so I can begin teaching it to as many people as possible.

A word of caution: If you start tapping, you WILL uncover buried memories and emotions. You will probably have nightmares, and occasionally feel like crap, as you sort through the events of your life. this is GOOD. You are HEALING. DON'T STOP TAPPING. Those dark feelings are what tapping does best to relieve! You just have to stick with it. Go to your HAPPY MEMORIES often, to recharge and collapse the negative feelings.

Train yourself to Feel Good For No Reason, as often as possible!

Take your hand off the stove. Life is good.

The Placebo effect should prove to everyone that the power of our own mind is the most powerful tool at our disposal. People literally get well, using only their own belief that they will heal. Tapping is one of the keys to unlocking that potential.

I know it seems crazy and looks silly, but it works, people. It can't help but work.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me. I am looking for people to help with this. I am working on myself as always, but showing people how to do this is very rewarding.

Peace, y'all.

Comment

BTW Dragonfly, the lady at the top of the testimonials page, above, is named Denali Dragonfly. She is a certified fasterEFT practitioner! Cool, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X