Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Lion Bakery - we make grain-free breads, crackers, cakes and cookies!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than the agave thing, I think these look pretty good and they are Primal.
    I make stuff like this all the time, mostly for my kids. This is going to save me an ass-load of time.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Hey IcarianVX,

We can make any of the items that have agave just with honey. The buns/biscuits contain no sweetener. The cookies contain a mix of agave and honey - and only a tiny quantity which keeps the carbs way down. We also sub coconut oil for butter for those with dairy intolerances or even use ghee for the strictly paleo. We're flexible. Thanks for your support!

best,

The White Lion

Comment

If only I lived near your bakery... we are having a family birthday party next month, and I'd love to have a good primal cake that everyone could enjoy. Alas, my primal baking skills are not great, so I would gladly support any local establishment with high standards. Good luck to you, and pls keep us posted if you decide to branch out across the country.
        Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Hi Jen,

Check out our webiste - we have cake mixes that are easy to whip up! We can send you a carrot cake mix or a vanilla cake mix! The carrot is amazing!

Thanks for your support and will definitley keep you posted.

The White Lion

Comment

It is nice to see business cropping up that cater to primal people. I am traveling the next few weeks but when I get back I will be ordering some buns and crackers. I miss over easy eggs but they just aren't the same without toast.

Comment

I'm very close to you in the metro-Boston area. Hope to see a storefront soon so I can stop by! I'd love to try some primal-friendly cakes for my family My sister has experience with gluten-free baking (she's a vegan baker so she looks into "alternatives" frequently), but I'd like to try from other sources as well.
              Depression Lies

Comment

Give us a call anytime - we'd love to serve you and your family. We also deliver and ship. We're curently looking to hire gluten-free and paleo bakers for our storefront.

Comment

God if only more places would open up like this.. I do believe the United States is about ready for the change but are they willing to accept their SAD diet is totally bogus.. not sure. I am going to check out the site and see what I find though, thanks!

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what happens in a few months when we become a storefront. We're going to be doing alot of awareness raising and education in the local community about the primal lifestyle. Maybe get some of Mark's, Robb Wolf's and Sarah Fragoso's books to sell too!

The White Lion

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteLionBakingCo View Post
                      It'll be interesting to see what happens in a few months when we become a storefront. We're going to be doing alot of awareness raising and education in the local community about the primal lifestyle. Maybe get some of Mark's, Robb Wolf's and Sarah Fragoso's books to sell too!

The White Lion
                      If you get popular enough you should start exporting your goods elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteLionBakingCo View Post
                        Hey IcarianVX,

We can make any of the items that have agave just with honey. The buns/biscuits contain no sweetener. The cookies contain a mix of agave and honey - and only a tiny quantity which keeps the carbs way down. We also sub coconut oil for butter for those with dairy intolerances or even use ghee for the strictly paleo. We're flexible. Thanks for your support!

best,

The White Lion
                        On your website the buns have agave nectar listed in the ingredients. Do you have any products that are actually sweetener free?

"Almond Flour (blanched almonds), Eggs, Greek Yogurt (skimmed milk and cream, live active yogurt cultures), Agave Nectar (1 tspn), Baking Soda, Salt."
                        For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Have you tried coconut nectar? A lot of honey tends to be high in fructose whereas coconut nectar isn't. Coconut Nectar I use it on occasion when I bake sweet things, like a birthday cake for my boyfriend who isn't primal (And yes, almond meal carrot cake is to die for), and sometimes use a small amount (Tablespoon) in a loaf of almond meal bread. It's a bit pricey but you may be able to get a good price if buying in bulk.
                          Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Yes - our buns and biscuits are all sweetener free except for the one above. We usually sub honey for agave and its only 1 teaspoon used to balance the flavors! We also sub honey for agave upon request for all our products.

Comment

Hi Blackcatbone,

We tried coconut nectar and palm sugar but found they didn't work in our cakes and cookies - it made them very caramel testing. Its a compromise yes. We also cater to epileptic kids who need to eat low GI hence the use of agave nectar rather than honey in some of our products. We sub honey for agave upon request.

Comment

I teaspoon of sweetner is not a big deal - spread between 18 buns.

Comment

Working...
                                X