NYC (And ish) People

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC (And ish) People

Been thinking about doing a bbq-type thing at Prospect Park in July or Aug on a weekend. Wondering if there's enough NYC people here to make a go of it.

Basically, it'd be a 'bring your own meat' type thing, and potluck for vegetables. You could then grill your meat, or share with others, or whatever.

And then have some primal & primal-ish group activities.

If anyone wanted to do demonstrations of a food technique or of something athletic, that'd be neat, too.

Potentially in- I'm in Brooklyn as well.

Comment

Same here. I am not sure about the exercising thing but think it would be fun to meet.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
      "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Queens in! I have my sandbag ready for you guys!!!

Comment

Aww... I'm too far away. I'm upstate, near Rochester.

I gotta say, I love the idea of Primal gatherings. I remember Meet-Up used to be a big thing. I wonder if there are any meet-up groups.

Comment

Hey Tim - If you do this and it coincides with my trip to NYC, I'd like to join in. We haven't set a travel date yet but will be late July or early August.

Comment

That is, if it ever stops raining in NYC. Which appears less likely day by day. Canoeing is primal, right?

Comment

I am loving the weather in NYC. I find it ideal for working: baroque classical music, coffee, dim yellow lights and a nearby window to watch the rain and lightning. Wish it was cold enough to light a fireplace.

I'll miss this a lot when the city turns into a hot humid microwave next month.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Bumping this thread.

Given that the west-coasters are having a meet up, New Yorkers can't just take that sitting down. Looks like we have about 6 people or so interested. Prospect Park is great in early August. A couple of frisbees, maybe a football or two to toss around, and a commandeered grill sound about right. I'd be in. Anyone else interested in picking a weekend day and hitting the park?

Comment

I -might- be able to do it. I'm in Boston but the buses to NYC are super cheap, and my boyfriend's family lives near there so housing wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

If you guys do this I'd love to hear about your experience and see pics. If there are any photos send them on over to mark@marksdailyapple.com and maybe I'll highlight the meetup in a blog post.

Grok meetup! Awesome. Cheers!

Mark

Comment

Mark, have you thought of making a Primal Blueprint Flickr group so people can post photos of their primal activities, foods, gatherings, etc there? I think you'd get a lot of participation.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Me too- I might be able to. I'm in the Boston area as well.

Let's keep this topic active.

Comment

We have a date yet? c'mon folks -let's do this!

Comment

I might be able to make it. I'm in northern NJ. I could bring a couple of kettlebells and frisbees.

bruce b.

Comment

Working...
                              X