The Doctor Who Cured Cancer by Kelley Eidem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    +1. It is fair to be skeptical of the medical industry, but there are plenty of researchers and doctors out there who take healing people very seriously. I AM skeptical of medicine. I am also skeptical of anyone who claims to have THE cure for cancer (or anything) based on anecdotal evidence.
    We have to be skeptical about anyone who claims to have a cure. The issue is that we also have to be skeptical about the FDA, ACS, drug companies and university research that is funded by those organizations. Cancer is a $200 billion industry and it's been a long time and a lot of money spent on finding a cure that modern medicine doesn't seem to be interested in finding, at least not one that isn't profitable. You have doctors like Revici and Burzynksi who if they weren't successful on some level never would have drawn the attention of the medical establishment.
    Last edited by hazmat; 10-19-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hazmat View Post
      We have to be skeptical about anyone who claims to have a cure. The issue is that we also have to be skeptical about the FDA, ACS, drug companies and university research that is funding by those organizations. Cancer is a $200 billion industry and it's been a long time and a lot of money spent on finding a cure that modern medicine doesn't seem to be interested in finding, at least not one that isn't profitable. You have doctors like Revici and Burzynksi who if they weren't successful on some level never would have drawn the attention of the medical establishment.

I totally agree with this, and I'm sure that this is no coincidence that you can fix cancer by providing your body what it needs.

Let's just wait and see.

There's no harm in changing your diet if you have cancer anyway.
      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
      Follow me on google+
      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

We have to be skeptical about anyone who claims to have a cure. The issue is that we also have to be skeptical about the FDA, ACS, drug companies and university research that is funded by those organizations. Cancer is a $200 billion industry and it's been a long time and a lot of money spent on finding a cure that modern medicine doesn't seem to be interested in finding, at least not one that isn't profitable. You have doctors like Revici and Burzynksi who if they weren't successful on some level never would have drawn the attention of the medical establishment.
        Just about any treatment will be successful on some level just given the placebo effect. FTR: I absolutely think that Revici and Burzynkski have provided enough evidence that their studies need to be honestly peer-reviewed and other researchers should seriously and whole-heartedly try to duplicate the results. Absolutely. But if they can't, then we also need to take that for what it is. My point is simply that we should spread the skepticism around.

Comment

Originally posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
          Just about any treatment will be successful on some level just given the placebo effect. FTR: I absolutely think that Revici and Burzynkski have provided enough evidence that their studies need to be honestly peer-reviewed and other researchers should seriously and whole-heartedly try to duplicate the results. Absolutely. But if they can't, then we also need to take that for what it is. My point is simply that we should spread the skepticism around.
          Revici studies were falsified by JAMA to show that what he was doing wasn't working. If you read the book about him the stories are pretty crazy.

It's also tough to take Burynsky's phase II trials seriously when every patient has to undergo chemo/radiation before they are eligible.

I get what your saying but it's so tough to level the playing field when the FDA won't let it happen.

Comment

Revici studies were falsified by JAMA to show that what he was doing wasn't working. If you read the book about him the stories are pretty crazy.

It's also tough to take Burynsky's phase II trials seriously when every patient has to undergo chemo/radiation before they are eligible.

I get what your saying but it's so tough to level the playing field when the FDA won't let it happen.
            The FDA won't let ANYONE do anything. They're the end all say all. It's bullshit.
            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
            Follow me on google+
            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

Interesting

An interesting thread (found it surfing Google.) It's refreshing to see a civil discussion even where there are differing ideas.

I might have to check out the book. Anyone else read it?

Comment

Sounds like a really good read. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                  In that Phase II glioma study, the NCI was not following Dr. Burzynski's protocol. The patients were getting only about 1/3 the effective dosage. NCI would not release those patients' medical records to Dr. Burzynski during the trial. And now we know why.

The documentary gets into all this at about the 1:25:00 mark and shows on screen the correspondence from Dr. Burzynski to NCI where he is strenuously objecting.

This sickens me. These are peoples' lives, dammit! These people died while NCI/FDA played their games (and an NCI scientist was busy stealing the Antineoplaston patents).
                  It's good to see that people are still trying to get the truth out there. I pray about this and for the doctors who are earnestly trying to help cancer and cancer industry victims every day.
                  Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
                  Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
                  Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
                  Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
                  1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
                  GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                  CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
                  49 - 5'7.5"
                  Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

Working...
                  X