What do you do for Play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do for Play?

Mark has commented on this but I wanted to get a perspective from other PB lifers.

As as I was walking my dog last Friday I noticed two young boys walking to the park, laughing and having fun. It made me think of my childhood and how excited I became on Friday because as soon as school ended it was a weekend of playing with my buddies. So when does it become that we shouldn't play anymore??? Sure we have more responsibilities than we did as a child but that is all the more reason that play should be necessary. If I can give up 30 minutes of mindlessly watching tv at night in exchange for 30 minutes of playing I know my life will be more rewarding.

I have become a huge fan of Ultimate and I love walks with my dog and wife.

In hopes of learning from others and trying new adventures, I want to know what you guys do for fun.

Back yard badminton.

Comment

I chase one of my rabbits around (because honestly, she loves it!) and do a bit of random dancing in my room, or I'll go down to the riverside fields and play around in the trees and the jumping course a friend and I made x] And, if there are birds or squirrels in said field, I'll chase them until I can't run no more! Such fun xD
      Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

I plan to take up river kayaking this spring/summer. I walk my dog, and do sprints in the soccer fields for fun right now.
        My Journal
        sigpic

Comment

Hoop dancing and active Wii games. (I love the snowboarding one). Horseplay with my family, and with my pets.
          Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Comment

I play with my dogs, take time to be silly with my partner, go do fun stuff with my nieces and nephews, and laugh a lot with friends. I surround myself with people who know it's okay to not take yourself too seriously. I go dancing. When I can, I hang out with my brother and we share our family's peculiar sense of humour with each other.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Pillow fights with the fam, working on Jeeps with my husband, playing with the girls and the dogs, laughing and being goofy when I can.
              Georgette

Comment

Oh, and sex. I DEFINATELY consider sex as play xD

.... Well someone had to say it.
                Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

Originally posted by PixieKitten View Post
                  Oh, and sex. I DEFINATELY consider sex as play xD

.... Well someone had to say it.
                  Glad you did Pixie! I completely forgot about that. Cuddling would have to count as play as well.
                  Georgette

Comment

When i get bored i tickle my GF, a lot, it can be quite a workout depending how hard she fights back. lol. Or i'll practice some of my jiu jitsu on her (i have a black belt in watching the ufc =P ). Lmao, I really pick on her a lot, but she loves it. But, i am having trouble figuring out things to do outside with her and my friends. I'm thinking about some dodgeball. There have been other threads asking similar questions and they had some good answers.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoBerserker View Post
                      When i get bored i tickle my GF, a lot, it can be quite a workout depending how hard she fights back. lol. Or i'll practice some of my jiu jitsu on her (i have a black belt in watching the ufc =P ). Lmao, I really pick on her a lot, but she loves it. But, i am having trouble figuring out things to do outside with her and my friends. I'm thinking about some dodgeball. There have been other threads asking similar questions and they had some good answers.
                      My husband and I do those things as well. He also pretends he's a WWE wrestler and body slams me to the bed which, well leads to sex 3/4 of the time
                      Georgette

Comment

Basketball on Saturday mornings with a bunch of other locals.
                        Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                        -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                          my husband and i do those things as well. He also pretends he's a wwe wrestler and body slams me to the bed which, well leads to sex 3/4 of the time :d
                          lmao!

Comment

Tree climbing, rock climbing, running, fighting, swimming, hiking and dancing.
                            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Working...
                            X