No announcement yet.

Tips for being an efficient Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't even have to freeze it, really, it it's something you're going to be eating during the week. I usually end up eating same stuff for 3-4 days streight. I just have to make sure it tastes really yummy

Comment

Thank you all for the fabulous suggestions. Cooking large meals and planning ahead is the way to go for sure, but I sorely lack in both these areas. The former can be fixed I think, the latter...ahem. Heck I take atleast 1/2 hour to fix a BAS in the morning! The last few days have been a little better since I chopped up all the veggies over the weekend. I really need to invest in a salad spinner. Washing the leaves and patting them dry is so time-consuming.

@LovesToClimb: I thought you mentioned on another thread that you recently invested in a salad spinner that you really like. Is there a kind/brand you recommend?

Crockpot sounds like a great investment too.

@Hannah: LOL@Strip Dt. I used to shop there often when I lived close to downtown but not anymore. But I'm thinking I should frequent the place after Thansgiving when the farmer's market I go to will end. Did you get to visit Wholey's in Strip? They have great seafood.

Do continue adding all your tips here. Am learning so much from all your input.

Comment

We buy our meat in bulk from a farmer every few months...unfreeze as needed and always make triple/quadruple portions. That way we have leftovers for a few days. We also like making big roasts.

For veggies & eggs etc. we shop at one store.

Comment

@maba - yes, my salad spinner, my investment! I still haven't received the damn thing and I want some darn salad! It's been bagged salad for now...

Here's the one that I purchased:

http://www.oxo.com/OA_HTML/xxoxo_ibe...&section=10054

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I have the same salad spinner as Lovestoclimb and I LOVE it!

A tip: I wash my greens in it & put the whole spinner in the fridge (you can lock the top in the "down" position). Before storing them, I take out the basket and towel-dry the bowl & top. Then I line the bowl with 2 paper towels under the basket. The paper towels soak up excess moisture and the greens keep longer. (replace the paper towels when they get damp)

Other time-saving tips I use: I often make a big pot of soup on the weekend. Sunday, I made celery root-kale soup which lasted til last night.

I keep frozen fish fillets in the freezer. You can pan-cook some fish from frozen, which is very quick.

I also keep lots of cans of wild-caught fish for a quick dinner w/steamed veggies. Lemon-garlic sardines, mackerel in spicy sauce...or canned wild salmon mixed with mashed avocado is yummy. (add salt, pepper & a splash of fresh lemon and it's even yummier)

Comment

Working...
            X