What the Korgs think of us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Korgs think of us

I did a search for "Societies that eat no grains" and the first hit was this forum. It's funny. Suprisingly, Mark's definitive guide to Grains is mentioned in one of the comments.

http://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-ar...-to-eat-grains

Hoo boy, Maba, good find! I've got issues amongst my own friends and family, but I am able to eat how I wish and that certainly rules out grains! Getting this Paleo/Primal WOE rolling within my own home has been a challenge, but I am being rational. My wife is a near Weston A Price Foundation eater and that is many times far removed from the Standard American Diet!

With our first child due in mid April, I am perhaps all too laser-focused on nutrition as my wife build a little human! And I am insisting in the proper diet for both mother and child! NOT to the point of militant reactionary haranguing (Karlin, cut me some slack! Wink wink!)

I'll take it as a victory to fully adopt a WAPF based Paleo-diet in our home. But I will constantly push for no less than full Paleo as I eat.

Grains processed and consumed to WAPF level would be such a big pain in the butt, it'd be easy to just give 'em up!

Comment

[quote]

Matthew "I'm your huckleberry" B. says:

Cavemen lived like 30 years. I'm gonna go with probably shouldn't emulate their behavior.

Angie M. says:

Agreed Matthew. I was like, "Haven't we evolved over the years?"

Carrie "Cake Ball" S. says:

Whole grains are filling and not heavily refined either. Does your coworker suggest a heavily processed, corn based diet?? I think that your coworker is ill informed.</blockquote>

I think Matthew and Angie are ill informed, and Carrie needs a lesson in logical debate. And I need a lesson in how blockquotes work.

edit: Thanks Maba!

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Acmebike, I try to be as Primal as I can but with a flexitarian husband(he used to be vegetarian until recently), some of my meals tend to be on the WAPF side. And my thinking is very much like yours. I&#39;ll consider it a success if, when we have a family, we do a WAPF-based Paleo diet. But when I&#39;m pregnant, I want to make sure I&#39;m 90% Primal/Paleo.

PC, "blockquote" to start and "/blockquote" to end ... just replace the quotes with < & >.

Comment

I had to stop reading that. Just so bad.

Comment

Me too, BigBeck. Too many ignorant, undocumented statements all in one place.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Typical Yelp thread, honestly. And on top of all that, some idiot got The Lion King quote ALL WRONG.
              [quote]

That&#39;s why we have cows. The cows eat the grains and we eat them. It was all explained in the Lion King.
              </blockquote>

Actually, The Lion King describes things correctly, unlike this guy. Mufasa says "the antelope eat the grass", not the grain. Mufasa knows what&#39;s up, he&#39;s the king of carnivores!

Comment

BigBeck stole my words. A class in logical thinking could spend a week on this page, easy fodder to tear apart.

"I can&#39;t live w/o, therefore they are good....."

NOW do you understand why I&#39;m a cynic?

Comment

The comments on that page made me so annoyed that I had to actively restrain myself from walking in with a big can of logical whoop-ass. But then I realized how sad it is that so many people just swallow CW whole, without even thinking about it. *sigh*

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

That&#39;s why I tend not to talk about BP with others unless they specifically ask.

Comment

ditto

Comment

Oh my goodness. I agree with everyone. Yikes.

I just gave up and had to turn away.

And I just ordered more grassfed lard today, woot!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

"Who are these people?"

hahahahha

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

They are the ones who are, or will be, getting Metabolic Syndrome, diabetes, CHD, and.....FAT!

True, many will escape, but many will succumb.

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments. I&#39;m not even going to click on the link!! hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X