Cheese Salad - Primal and Low-Carb Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese Salad - Primal and Low-Carb Recipes

After three long weeks of labor (whew!), my Primal and low-carb food site is now available for your perusal! We include a variety of recipes including dinners, desserts, single-serving dishes, and (gasp!) bread products.

The site is 100% noncommercial and exists strictly for the benefit of foodies (and would-be foodies) everywhere.

http://www.cheesesalad.org/index.html

very cool ...gonna go check it out..thanks xoxo Darlene

Comment

Great Geri! I've book-marked it. Not to be a nitpicker, but I wouldn't recommend tofu as a vegetarian substitute for meat. After reading about all the dangers of soy, I've stopped buying it. Cheese and nuts would be a better alternative, but yeah, not all recipes can be adapted using these substitutes. Tempeh might be a better option too and can easily used in place of meat.

I like the lay-out and the design, it's very user-friendly. Congratulations on your labour of love.

Soy myths:

http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtsoy.html

Comment

I wasn't too sure about the tofu either, but it was the only thing I could think of at the time.

I'm tweaking the page now to include tempeh and beans as meat replacement options.

Comment

Bread and beans and cheese, oh my. I wish you the best of luck, but maybe it shouldn't be headed as primal and low carb. It is neither of those things.

Comment

I agree with P.J.A.P.

Comment

I realize it's not 100%, but I've had to make a few compromises on account of my rather food-liberal mother, who believes that beans are an acceptable low-carb food. Believe you me, if I had it my way none of that stuff would be up there.

My focus, however, is on Primal/low-carb recipes, and as I add stuff to the website I hope I can reflect that more.

Comment

ONE bean is low carb. Really, don't you just show her the nutritional data to counter such a misbelief?

Placating your mother is sabotaging your site, Geri.

Comment

Agreed. After taking a closer look, almost every recipe is based on SAD, not primal or low carb. An entire section dedicated to bread?

This could be a great site, I encourage you to stick to your guns.

Comment

Not all people doing low carb fear bread.

Comment

Please tell me how someone can be primal and low carb, yet still eat bread?

Comment

I agree PJAP, it's the principle of the matter that is more important to me. I was actually thinking about that yesterday, the difference between "low carb" and Primal. Low carb can be anything, including A LOT of frankenfoods. Primal is low-carb as a byproduct of eschewing the foods that our bodies are not adapted to consume. Totally different.

With that in mind, someone that claims to be on a "low carb" diet could justify a sandwich once or even twice a week if they really wanted to as long as overall carbs are low. I couldn't handle that because I know how big pieces of bread immediately cause stomach distress, and because I'd rather eat more meat and fat than stuff myself with useless bread.

You are what you eat,
                        and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Exactly, low carb doesn't imply anything other than an arbitrary number. When I originally went LC I specifically also went grain- and legume-free, not just because they were so high in carbs, but because of all the things I'd learned that made me decide they weren't suitable for human consumption under any circumstances (other than survival without starvation when there is absolutely no alternative).

Comment

Good explanation, hannahc!

Comment

Thank you for this site. Just bookmarked!

Comment

Working...
                              X