For all those Body Fat Percentage Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all those Body Fat Percentage Questions

This shows photos of people at various body fat percentages and explains a bit about what affects people's bodies to create the same appearances at different body fat levels. This was definitely an eyeopener for me.
    Link
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

That's awesome. Thanks for posting that.
    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

The last picture of women at 15% body fat... how can the girl on the left be 15% ?? Based on the article it looks like she'd be in the 8-12 range. Oh well.

Women look yummiest to me at 18-20% hmmmm

I must be at around 14-18% that's cool, thought it was higher but I can see my abs not with great definition but it's there, my upper body is more "cut" if I flex it pops nicely.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
        That's awesome. Thanks for posting that.
        +1 Very good article

Comment

The images put me somewhere between 18-20%. If I actually ever hit 18% and look like a pasty version of that model (except, y'know with My body and such), I'll be ecstatic.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            The images put me somewhere between 18-20%. If I actually ever hit 18% and look like a pasty version of that model (except, y'know with My body and such), I'll be ecstatic.
            Ditto. I look better than "Gary" at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body_fat_categories.htm, but my Tanita bodyfat scale still puts me at 22-23% bf. So does that mean the images are bs, there is a major difference because he was "17" at the time the pic was taken (I'm 43), or my Tanita is inaccurate?

of course... it could be my eyes and judgment need adjustment when looking at myself in the mirror

Comment

Originally posted by lev96 View Post
              Ditto. I look better than "Gary" at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body_fat_categories.htm, but my Tanita bodyfat scale still puts me at 22-23% bf. So does that mean the images are bs, there is a major difference because he was "17" at the time the pic was taken (I'm 43), or my Tanita is inaccurate?

of course... it could be my eyes and judgment need adjustment when looking at myself in the mirror
              I'm going to go with the scale being off (water content, etc can throw those off very easily), age (it's much easier for a 17 yo to get abs without extra skin), and personal judgment looking in the mirror (god knows I'm guilty of that one.)
              My Latest Journal

Comment

I've never seen evidence that any scale can estimate BF% within 5%. I always blame the scale.

Comment

naiad and animal-
                  I'm glad both of you think its the scale (mostly). However, I am still glad its there. Even if it is inaccurate, I still get to gloat over that it used to read 33% when I started PB and now its down to 22-23%. Still I could just rejoice in the fact that I had to buy all new clothes, because everything was baggy as hell, and forget reading that unimportant number...

...nah... I guess I like to rejoice in both!

Comment

HEY HEY cool, i think im in the 15-18%, if i get to 20% i should be fertile judging by the pics
                    Get on my Level
                    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Women look yummiest to me at 18-20% hmmmm
                      +1
                      ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

cool!

looks like i'm in the 18-20%, but i'm thinking i'm more in the 20-22%. but, i have aspects of the 18 and 20 in the pictures, and wouldn't look in between. IDK. LOL i'm going to pinch myself and see. LOL

Comment

Interesting article, thanks for posting.

Comment

The first article http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages and the first article in the second post http://newyork.timeout.com/shopping-...633/slim-shady have the same image but report it at 25% and 29.9% BF respectively...interesting nonetheless though...
                            Last edited by kennelmom; 11-20-2010, 11:16 AM.
                            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Working...
                            X