• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throw out the scales! 3D body scanner will tell you if you're overweight

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...mps-bumps.html
    MDA PRIMAL LIBERTARIAN GROUP

I don't get how it measures body fat.

Comment

from what I got, it just measures body size / measurements, which, as one of it's detractors was quoted as saying, you can do with a tape measure.
      So it's a multi million dollar tape measure. Ain't modern medical science wonderfull?
      sigpicI'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Comment

Men over 5ft tall are at risk if they have a waist larger than 40", while women are at risk if they have a waist larger than 35".

So that's every man on the planet then (unless they're a dwarf).

And, no, it doesn't measure BF, it measures body composition - which I can do just as easily looking in the mirror!
        La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Originally posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
          So that's every man on the planet then (unless they're a dwarf).
          Or not -- my average-sized husband has a 32 inch waist, wheras my brother with dwarfism wears a larger waist size than my hubby. Isn't it ironic! Dontcha think!

... well techically a dwarf wouldn't meet the "over 5ft tall" criteria of the original rule of thumb. But anyway...
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

IMHO, this is an exciting, new and innovative technique for moving dollars from your bank account into theirs.

Comment

I am all in favor of throwing out scales, however. It is a really dysfunctional way to assess success or failure with your way of living.

Comment

Working...
              X