Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a food processor- what should I make?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a food processor- what should I make?

My mom just surprised me by giving me a little Cusinart food processor that she found on sale. It's probably not that powerful, but I'd like to try to make something tasty with it! Any suggestions? I was thinking guacamole and almond butter, but I'd love some good recipes for other things that fit in with the primal way of eating.
    * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
    Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

Liver pate from the PB cookbook. Don't have it in front of me, but I think you take half an onion and 2 carrots chopped small, saute them till soft in lots of bacon fat or butter. Add 1lb liver, herbs. Cook till done, stir in 2 eggs and briefly cook till eggs are set, then puree in the food processor. Awfully good and a great use of a food processor.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

What capacity?
      Try soups, mincing meat and onion into patties/meatballs, you could try mayo?

Comment

I've been wanting to try that cauliflower "rice" from the cookbook too. Gotta find our food processor first though.
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

I used mine tonight to grind some meat for burgers. They were delicious. I've also used it to make baba ganoush, coconut butter, and cream of greens soup (recipe from Primal Blueprint cookbook).

Comment

My fave uses of food processor are:
            * freshly ground meat
            * liver pate
            * cauliflower rice
            * jerk style spice paste for Jamaican beef or chicken
            * last but not least, banana no-ice-cream!

Comment

Chocolate avocado pudding! There are a bunch of recipes floating around using various proportions of avocado, coconut milk, cocoa, and sweetener. Finger licking good. (I use my fingers to get every last molecule out of the blender.)

Comment

Salsa!
                sigpicI'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Comment

Awesome suggestions everyone, thanks a lot! I'm gonna try out some of these ASAP!
                  * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
                  Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

Comment

the chocolate avocado pudding sounds really fricken good right now

so far i've used mine to make the spinach 'bread' from the cookbook. it was different, but not bad
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

Pesto! Basil, garlic, olive oil, black pepper, pine nuts, parmesan cheese (you can use some anchovies instead if you don't do dairy). Pesto makes everything awesome!
                      The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

kind of a novice question here. how does one make ground meat in their food processor (i was raised NOT to cook so I have been teaching myself and I didn't know you could do this!). Also, what parts do you recommend for making ground meat? thanks!
                        Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

Comment

Chimichurri to go on a big grilled steak!

Epicurious -- Chimichuri
                          Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

Thinking of the big picture..I use mine for large prep to make my normal cooking easier & better. I buy bulk garlic bulbs & add evoo then make a paste. spread it out on a tray & freeze for an hour. than I pizza cutter them (i needed a use for the pizza cutter now) intobutter pat size than put into a container & freeze for on the go use in my cooking. I also do that with fresh basil. food processors rock. I have small to large & I use them.
                            "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Working...
                            X