X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robb Wolf's _The Paleo Solution_

_The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet_ by Robb Wolf
    http://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Solution.../dp/0982565844

Anyone checked it out yet? Verrrrry interested!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

my copy is on its way as we type. i am looking forward to reading it.
    sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

I can't seem to finish all the books I already have, but this is on my list for some time in the future. I <3 Robb Wolf's stuff.
      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I'm ordering a copy today. Robb Wolf is the man. When his weekly podcast comes out, I go hiking with my iPod. I've learned a lot from those hikes.

Comment

Bane what a cool idea!

There are some positive reviews already for it on amazon, although many are referencing the podcasts. I did see some folks mention there is a lot of new info there though. I'm really excited to check it out!
          My Before/After Pics
          Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Mine is on the way--I'll shove it into the reading line up somehow!
            Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

I'm hesitant to buy this book of Robb's. He mentions in one of his podcasts that this is the layman's version, and that he'll do a more technical version later on. I'm getting the impression that this book will be similar to Marks' and therefore won't be worth a lot to me. I'm more interested in learning the nitty gritty of what grains, legumes and dairy do to us.

I'm also very much looking forward to his book about Paleo Power Athletes with Loren Cordain (?) that he talks about doing.
              Last edited by Jason VT; 09-16-2010, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Hi! Sorry, I haven't introduced myself here yet. I'm from the Primal Leap area.
                Here's a review from Balanced Bites you might be interested in:
                http://www.balancedbites.com/2010/09...-original.html

Comment

I :heart Robb Wolf (second, of course to Mark! LOL Please, no one tell my DH :P ) My copy of his book is on the way! Pre-ordered it as soon as I could!
                  Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Sounds like a good book, but I agree with Jason that it probably reiterates a lot of what I/we already know.

Comment

I'd be curious to know if his take on things is different than the Primal Blueprint. I saw on Amazon that he has a 30 day meal plan, which if it aligned with the Primal Blueprint would be worth it for me as I struggle with planning. I'm not a good cook and taking the list of primal ingredients and making daily fare is a challenge. I love the cookbook but I'd love some easy staples that I could use as a go to.

Comment

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                        Sounds like a good book, but I agree with Jason that it probably reiterates a lot of what I/we already know.
                        That's what I thought as well. I went ahead and ordered a copy that I'll read and then pass on to someone in the family.
                        Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

I ordered it, and I FINALLY received word from Amazon today that it is on its way! Hunt.gather.love had a nice review.

http://www.huntgatherlove.com/conten...an-diet-review

Comment

I'm going to a release party for Robb Wolf on Saturday in Brooklyn. Really excited to meet him and get my copy! I download the podcasts as soon as they come out.
                            Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

Comment

Originally posted by kennelmom View Post
                              I :heart Robb Wolf (second, of course to Mark! LOL Please, no one tell my DH :P ) My copy of his book is on the way! Pre-ordered it as soon as I could!
                              lol... glad I'm not the only one with a bit of a Robb Wolf crush.
                              "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X