Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Perfect Health Diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm taking HCl, which is supposed to fix the underlying problem behind why digestive enzymes may be lacking in the first place, but I'm nowhere near being 'fixed' yet, that's for sure. I think enzymes will help, but not eliminate, the problem, since there will still be endorphin & blood sugar & gut bacteria issues behind the cravings. I do plan to do them if I still have problems after reaching my personal 'max out' point with the HCl.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

    Comment


    • Just to add that the 18 are the total value of the products you may order. Shipping is not included (so it could be up to 18 + shipping - whatever it may be to ship to the UK). And you have to be below 3lbs (1.360 grams) in order for them to ship you stuff.

      These folks from the US have it easy... they can order as much as they want, as heavy as it may be and as expensive a package as they want.

      I'm stuck with having to order stuff almost one by one (buying Artisana's butter for example). Other examples (outside iHerb) is me not being able to order the quest protein bars people are talking about in this thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29645.html, which are low carb. It would be 30 bucks just for shipping alone.

      I wish I had relatives in the US. Poor me *sob*

      =)
      Last edited by JPA; 05-10-2011, 08:26 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JPA View Post
        Just to add that the 18 are the total value of the products you may order. Shipping is not included (so it could be up to 18 + shipping - whatever it may be to ship to the UK). And you have to be below 3lbs (1.360 grams) in order for them to ship you stuff.

        These folks from the US have it easy... they can order as much as they want, as heavy as it may be and as expensive a package as they want.

        I'm stuck with having to order stuff almost one by one (buying Artisana's butter for example). Other examples (outside iHerb) is me not being able to order the quest protein bars people are talking about in this thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29645.html, which are low carb. It would be 30 bucks just for shipping alone.

        I wish I had relatives in the US. Poor me *snob*

        =)
        Awww, there there.

        I get most of my supplements from Ebay, or sellers I have found through Ebay. And I found a good value source of amino acids just by googling. But yeah it would be nice to be able to get more cheaper stuff.
        Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

        Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

        Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

        "Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
        Harold Whitman

        Comment


        • Mamagrok and Horsewoman, do either of you supplement with chromium? I've heard great things about its success in controlling blood sugar issues and cravings. It is also one of the supplements recommended by the Jaminets. Fortunately carb-cravings have never been an issue for me, I can eat pork rinds and liver pate till it comes out of my ears, but cakes, cookies, etc, I never give a second thought.
          My Journal

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JPA View Post
            Life is short,
            Is it ever. Such a balancing act: figuring out the short term pleasure of some hedonistic indulgence and associated risk v. long term health.

            Thankfully, primal/paleo food really is good so the deprivation isn't too extreme but I really do hear what you're saying about specific indulgences.


            K



            iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
              Mamagrok and Horsewoman, do either of you supplement with chromium? I've heard great things about its success in controlling blood sugar issues and cravings. It is also one of the supplements recommended by the Jaminets. Fortunately carb-cravings have never been an issue for me, I can eat pork rinds and liver pate till it comes out of my ears, but cakes, cookies, etc, I never give a second thought.
              Yep, it's one of the supplements recommended in the Mood Cure.
              Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

              Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

              Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

              "Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
              Harold Whitman

              Comment


              • I'm currently half way through with the book, and my objective is to combine this diet with LeanGains... if at all possible... I have to dig in a bit with this.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                  Not noticing any radical differences between VLC and adding in some rice starch, and some sweet potato. Not cravey, no reigintion of my fat loss.

                  Haven't followed the PHD supplement recommendations yet. Very busy. Maybe I'll give VLC another whack in a few weeks or so, or maybe not. Very busy.
                  I feel the same. I am about 2/3 through the book and whether I am low carb or moderate I don't really feel any negatives. I never had a weight problem or blood sugar issue even when I was on a CW diet. I also agree with their stance on white rice, I have eaten it all my life and never had a problem but if I eat bread/whole grains/or brown rice my digestion tends to suffer.
                  "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

                  People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

                  Comment


                  • After reading this whole thread last night and this morning I have a question about how the book is written. Is it real scientific? I`m considering getting it but I don`t absorb real scientific stuff .....it has to be broken down into Patty lingo lol
                    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
                    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pattyd View Post
                      After reading this whole thread last night and this morning I have a question about how the book is written. Is it real scientific?
                      The book is written at a high-school science level. It's great to find a paleo diet book that was written for adults! It's the only one I've found.

                      Gordo

                      Gordo

                      Comment


                      • Digging up an old thread to let everyone know it is available for the Kindle as of yesterday.

                        The link from the book page isn't working yet, so it still looks like it's only available in paperback, but if you search "Perfect Health Diet" in the Kindle section, it's there, and it's only $9.99 USD.

                        Duh, I could just post a link to the Kindle version, I guess...
                        Durp.

                        Comment


                        • Loved the book! It's a radical way of eating (high fat) yet fits well with our typical food habits. (have some potatoes) But thankfully, no wheat!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Betty5767
                            Is that the guy who thinks that all chronic disease is due to viral infection?

                            No not all diseases, but he thinks that various infections play a significant role in many diseases, especially as people age. He says that most diseases are due to food toxins, nutrient deficiencies, infections, damaging and inflammatory foods (possibly filed loosely under food toxins), and I'm pretty sure he agrees with various lifestyle factors, but it's just a diet book so those aren't mentioned.
                            Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

                            Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

                            Comment


                            • After reading reviews on amazon I really don't see anything new compared to whats on here. Balance your 03/06 ratio, potatoes and white rice are safe, IFing is good, etc.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MMMM FAT View Post
                                After reading reviews on amazon I really don't see anything new compared to whats on here. Balance your 03/06 ratio, potatoes and white rice are safe, IFing is good, etc.
                                If you actually read the book, you'd know it is pretty different - they recommend a decent amount of white rice and potatoes daily, as opposed to saying, "they're not that bad" to cite one major difference. For another they don't recommend high protein consumption, adn for a third they actively recommend some pretty extensive supplementation.
                                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X