No announcement yet.

The Perfect Health Diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And how much fat loss are we talking here? Because I'm not down to that "last 10lbs." i've got more like 50lbs. to go at this point.
    'Fraid it's only a couple more for me before visible abs...
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• I am between 50 and 100g/day. Under 50 and I feel sick.
      Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• hmm if it helps i find it harder, a lot harder, to keep my weight up if i dont stay in a ketogenic state. only problem is i am much more mentally stable running on fatty acids as opposed to carbs. i think theres some mutation in my brain that makes a carb metabolism detrimental to my mental wellbeing so when i eat up potatoes it becomes increasingly harder to stay 'sane' and at the same time provide enough fat that i feel calm. everyone is different but i tread a small line between how i eat and how i feel. i go by how my body feels and it likes a LOT of fat.
        Get on my Level
        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by cillakat View Post
          Glad to help. vidapaleo.com is perfect for 'beginner' primal/paleo. The radio interviews (his last two posts, I think) are excellent as he is debating a conventionally trained nutritionist.

This is another one. More lifestyle/recipe oriented. Very basic:
          Me gusta estar bien

What's up with all of the Peruvian Paleo blogs?
          I love that they are Peruvian! My paisanos got it right... I think Peru offers all of what a good Paleo diet looks like... plenty of proteins, tons of veg, starch and fruit..
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by jammies View Post
            I don't limit carbs at all and have lost about 50 lbs. I am sure I have higher days and lower days, but I would guess I am well over 50 g of carbs per day.
            What would you estimate your carb consumption is on average and on a high day? Wht are your primary sources of carbs?

Comment

• And CEVICHE!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mal, I have the same issue - I really feel so much more stable with more fat and few or no sweets, fruits, or starches. I feel like my mind starts going bananas as soon as they enter the picture and my weight starts going ... up. B/c that's my struggle.
              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                Hmmm. Interesting?

Anyone else lose more weight eating more than 50g of carbs a day?

And how much fat loss are we talking here? Because I'm not down to that "last 10lbs." i've got more like 50lbs. to go at this point.
                I'm one who is not losing weight sticking with 50 grams and under. So...starting last night I'm bringing rice, cassava, plantains and sweet potato back into my diet in moderation, maybe enough to push me up to 100 grams a day. I've been low carB for 14 months, primal for the last 9 monts of the 14. I stopped losing weight around the time I switched to primal and have 10-15 pounds to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                  I love that they are Peruvian! My paisanos got it right... I think Peru offers all of what a good Paleo diet looks like... plenty of proteins, tons of veg, starch and fruit..
                  Papas a la Huancaina, here we come! Thank you Paul Jaminet for opening the door to a few more carbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                    Papas a la Huancaina, here we come! Thank you Paul Jaminet for opening the door to a few more carbs.
                    I had that a few days ago haha. I'm actually going to try to go higher carb this May, at least 3 days out of the week I'm going to go heavy carb with starches mostly, so yeah tons of potatoes, mostly sweet, and if it starts getting hotter I'm going to be eating a lot of ceviche (hopefully!) I don't love eating rice but I'll probably do a few meals with rice during the week. Those days I'll probably try to go lower fat, not eating eggs, and choosing leaner cuts but will still cook with good oils, etc.

I'm also going to do Spartan race in June so I think I need to start putting in some running miles because I'm very out of shape when it comes to running (I don't do it at all) so I'm going to attempt to run on the days I'm not lifting. I'm going to shoot for at least 2 jogs a week of anywhere from 1-5 miles. I'll have to work up to 5 right now I don't think I could do it. Given that I'll be more active in a cardio sort of way, the extra carbs may help. I'm also just curious because being VLC I haven't really been losing at the speed that I thought I would, so maybe higher carb days are the key. It'll be a leangains approach, but I'll still have my fatty/vlc days. I'm excited to experiment, it's fun to see how your body will respond.
                    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Hey ini, which spartan are you doing? There's one on 6/4 and another on 6/5. I'm thinking about registering too, let me know!

Comment

• Can raw goat milk be considered good carbs?

I bought 2 liters of it yesterday to make some farmer's cheese (failed) so now I have a lot to drink. I already drank almost a liter yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPA View Post
                          Can raw goat milk be considered good carbs?

I bought 2 liters of it yesterday to make some farmer's cheese (failed) so now I have a lot to drink. I already drank almost a liter yesterday.
                          If it works for you, then fantastic! However, it won't have the benefits that starch *might* have (Jaminet and Tarfur have extremely different views on this) and it definitely doesn't have the benefits that some of the dark/bright veggies would have...

But again, if it is working ok for you, then there is no reason to toss it.

Best,
                          Katherine

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

• What are your views on the safer starches if you were to consume them?

By the way I wanted to send you a PM and your box is full.

Comment

• She prefers if you just use the e-mail option.

My view is that safe starches are beneficial to a degree. This whole low carb thing of "there are no essential carbohydrates!" misses the point since it is more costly to the body to turn amino acids and other substrate into glucose (de novo lipogenesis) than it is to simply eat the glucose. If we time it correctly we can reap the benefits of a ketogenic diet without actually having to eat a ketogenic diet. 100g of starch in the evening and then a fasted workout in the morning followed by more starch in the evening seems to work well for me. Ketosis serves an important function for the body by prompting the body to use junk that was just getting in the way before (autophagy). The best autophagy is with no protein too so Perfect Health Diet suggests something like a day of nothing but coconut milk and butter every week.

Obviously some people like epileptics should always be in ketosis but for the rest of us it is better to get enough carbs to fuel our workouts and some of the brain, but not all of the brain, just the important bits that need glucoe like the hypothalamus.

Confusing, I know. Eat some starch, but not too much starch.
                              Last edited by Stabby; 04-26-2011, 10:08 AM.
                              Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

• So for someone like me who eats just lunch and dinner (2 meals), for a proper sleep and overall well being, we should consume more carbs in the evening?

What are the Jaminet's views on number of meals per day?

Comment

Working...
                                X